Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's shopping board. Whether you are after a new family car or a great new coffee machine this is the board for you. Share product recommendations and reviews here. Related: Discuss clothes and fashion on our Style and beauty forum. Check out Swears By to find the products Mumsnetters love and our reviews section to see the best baby and child products put through their paces.

Shopping

Lightweight stollers

3 replies

caydeb · 20/05/2003 21:51

am visiting Uk in 3 weeks with my 20 month ol son and am looking for a lightweight stoller for shopping and travelling around in. have searched the weband like the look of kolcraft reclining stoller, chico caddy and volvo, anyone ahve any advice about theses 3 and also where to buy and how much?

how about the accessory pack are they any good?

OP posts:
Please
or

eidsvold · 21/05/2003 07:38

we bought the chicco caddy to take to Australia for a three week holiday and it was brilliant - we tend to also use it a lot at home - lighter and easier than taking the pram.

It came with its own carry case, sunhood and rain cover. I bought it through tesco.com baby and toddler warehouse. The carry case was a godsend. Made it wasy to put down and have it stowed on the plane. We had a sling for the baby whilst we were dealing with luggage and such. The buggy could then be slung over the shoulder and away we went. Also gave it some protection in the luggage hold - we had four flights in total.

It went everywhere - through the parks, over the beach, she slept in it at times and she loves it too. We take it walking through the fields here - and it copes.

The other accessories were handy too - the raincover folds right down and so can be stored in the stroller tray. It was also good value for money as all the accessories were included.

Hope that helps.

Please
or

aloha · 21/05/2003 10:13

I loved my funky volo except the wheels have now gone all wonky, like a supermarket trolley with a mind of its own. Feel a bit disillusioned with it. Also no sunshade, v imp for hols.

Please
or

Claireandrich · 21/05/2003 20:33

We are getting the ultra-leight Volo for our holiday. We have a seperate sunshade already which we can use for it. Got quite a bit of positive experiences on her from other mumsnetters.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?