Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's shopping board. Whether you are after a new family car or a great new coffee machine this is the board for you. Share product recommendations and reviews here. Related: Discuss clothes and fashion on our Style and beauty forum. Check out Swears By to find the products Mumsnetters love and our reviews section to see the best baby and child products put through their paces.

Shopping

Yet another pram question

6 replies

nikkim · 12/08/2004 12:55

My daughter is almost three and as i don't drive yet love to shop a pram is still necessary. I curently have a maclaren triumph but the brakes re useless and it is just to small for her. If she falls asleep in it she hangs out and as she is tall all her shoes are scuffed as they drag on the floor when she sits in it. She also has an anoying habit of stopping the wheels with her feet! I am also fed up of it falling over all the time as the basket underneath is tiny so I end up hanging bags of the back!

I want a new pram and I shall be childminding shortly it will be used in the future. What can anyone recommend, it needs to be big enough for her to be comfy yet still light enough to get on and off buses. Good brakes this time would be good as she is always flying around on the bus every time we turn a corner. And a shopping basket - am I asking too much?

Nikki

OP posts:
Please
or

Grizzly · 12/08/2004 22:22

Hi Nikki

Sorry I can't help with a recommendation but I had to agree with you. We have the maclaren triumph for ds - 11 months old and find the brakes useless too. DH finds them impossible to apply, as his feet are too big. I agree with you on the pathetic small basket underneath. Our other pram is a huge Mamas and Papas thing which has loads of room for shopping, is dead comfortable for ds and has great brakes - but it's too big for public transport and won't fit through some shop doorways. There must be a compromise out there somewhere!

Please
or

nikkim · 13/08/2004 01:06

I do have a big pram which I can take on mobility buses, a britax. that is very comfy that we use if we are out in the car or in the winter. I think we are getting a graco citisport as they look comfy and it is still compact and light. More importantly it has a great shopping basket!

OP posts:
Please
or

Titania · 13/08/2004 07:34

index have got graco citisports reduced to £39.99 atm instead of £90+......a bargain I just couldn't resist!!!! lol

Please
or

Ixel · 13/08/2004 08:23

but Titania, i thought you were trying to sell all your buggies? You're just like me.

Please
or

Titania · 13/08/2004 08:26

i wanted to sell them so i could buy another citisport!! i sold my other citisport the other week and both me and DH really regretted it! we really miss it cos it was such a fab little puschair!! it goes in the boot of the car lovely!!

Please
or

nikkim · 13/08/2004 18:58

changed my mind dd has set her heart in a pink pram. So am getting a combi dash stroller! Weighs under 5kg and folds up very small so should be good for oublic transport and also looks comfy.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?