Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's shopping board. Whether you are after a new family car or a great new coffee machine this is the board for you. Share product recommendations and reviews here. Related: Discuss clothes and fashion on our Style and beauty forum. Check out Swears By to find the products Mumsnetters love and our reviews section to see the best baby and child products put through their paces.

Shopping

Which book?

9 replies

Mummysurfer · 21/02/2004 09:15

www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/3486221/202-9882055-8866211?tag=mumsnet&ascsubtag=mnforum-21

Oh, sorry I'll do this again.
Why can't I see how to do a link when starting a new conversation???

OP posts:
Please
or

Mummysurfer · 21/02/2004 09:16

I need to spend my Kelloggs gift vouchers. You were all very good at recommending last time. So what do you recommend from
this list here
Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

wilbur · 21/02/2004 10:14

The only one of thise I've read is Driving Over Lemons, which I loved (although all the description of sun might make you a bit envious in dreary Britain). I think Nick Hornby's books are great to - although I haven't read the one on offer, and a friend of mine loves the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency books, so that's probably good too. Is it vouchers from cereal packets? Which cereals? I love a freebie!

Please
or

Kayleigh · 21/02/2004 11:36

Have read "The Heartbreaker" and it was very good, but don't waste your vouchers on it. I'll be willing to swap it on the book swap thread if you're interested.

I have borrowed the Nick Hornby from my brother but not read it yet. It isn't a novel - it's his favourite songs, why he likes them etc etc.

Please
or

Mummysurfer · 21/02/2004 17:11

anyone else?
I've 3 vouchers, but can only use one per order, but it means you get free P&P if you ad other books to your order.
Yes, they're off the Kelloggs boxes.

OP posts:
Please
or

bossykate · 21/02/2004 17:16

crikey, it's not a good selection, is it? out of those, i'd recommend "morality for beautiful girls" by alexander mccall smith. it's part of the no. 1 ladies' detective agency series, which is excellent.

Please
or

Mummysurfer · 21/02/2004 17:17

No, they're never very good.
That's probably why they're giving them away.

OP posts:
Please
or

suedonim · 22/02/2004 01:04

I've been disappointed by the selection, too. However, dd1 is interested in one of the books so she may well use the voucher and i'll order some other stuff I want at the same time.

Please
or

stupidgirl · 22/02/2004 01:18

Is it the kellogs cereal packet code thingies??? The ones where you collect 4 codes and imput them into the site and they give you a code to use on Amazon????

If so, you can order ANY book from them, not just the bestsellers.

Please
or

Mummysurfer · 01/03/2004 20:00

I know you can use the free P&P but can you get anything other than the best sellers free?

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?