Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Best lightweight stroller for toddler?

Xxejpxx · 17/01/2022 06:40

Can anyone please tell me whether the baby jogger city tour would be any good for a tall 2 year old? Or can you recommend something else?
I am looking for a light-ish weight buggy to use for travel and to keep in the car boot for days out. I bought the silver cross zest umberella stroller and I HATE it. My little one looks uncomfortable and the steering is terrible. I know people recommend the baby jogger city mini but it just looks huge. Any other recommendations?
He still naps in the buggy so I want him to be comfortable.

OP's posts:
Please
or

JoMumsnet · 17/01/2022 17:49

Hi @Xxejpxx, we're just giving your thread a bump in case anyone's around with some suggestions for you.

Please
or

passionfruitpizza · 17/01/2022 17:56

I bought babyzen yoyo for mine when he was 3. It was the one I wanted from the start but the shop assistant was very insistent it wasn't a good buggy and DH bought a different oneConfused
I regret not having it from the start, I can use it for my toddler and occasionally my 5yo goes in it. Folds up insanely small and has good resale value. Easy to steer and the kids seem to find it comfortable. It can get through narrow gaps and I don't feel like I'm taking up space with it.

Please
or

voxnihili · 17/01/2022 22:01

I have the Bugaboo Bee 5 which is great.

I hated the Zest (bought and sold on very quickly). My DD always looked like she was slumped in it. I do have a Silver Cross Reflex though for holidays which I really like - the seat can sit bolt upright which she looks more comfortable in. She also sleeps really well in it.

Please
or

Xxejpxx · 18/01/2022 06:58

I love the look of the bugaboo bee but the weight limit I need something with a higher weight limit. I will take a look at the Reflex, thanks for the tip.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Kbyodjs · 18/01/2022 07:05

I have the zest and Dislike it so bought a quinny zap and much prefer it. My DS looks far more comfortable and it folds up very small

Please
or

elizondoguillermo397 · 25/01/2022 10:32

My all-time favorite is the Baby Jogger City Mini. I use it for all my 3 kids, ages 4, 2 and 3 months. This is by far the safest, most comfortable and easiest stroller to use. I highly recommend it to anyone with a child below 5 years old. Also check out this website for more details, I have included a link to it - strollersky.com/best-strollers/

Please
or

Xxejpxx · 25/01/2022 14:41

I keep hearing great things about the baby jogger. Did you not find it quite big and clunky? How did you find taking it abroad?

OP's posts:
Please
or

cloudsy · 30/01/2022 00:31

We have the BJCM and the Zest for my 3yo. She still naps in the buggy and I use the BJCM about 70% of the time, and use the Zest when we're going anywhere with stairs or escalators (we use the tube in London a lot), or having to travel at busy times. It's definitely clunkier, wider and heavier, and we took the Zest when going abroad. But it's also more comfortable and more sturdy.

Please
or

Xxejpxx · 11/02/2022 15:51

Someone needs to invent an attachment to make the back rest taller on strollers! Average seems to be 17" which is too.short for my 2 year old. He is just going to have to slouch I suppose Confused

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.