Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Baby too small for pushchair/stroller - suggestions needed

alc123 · 19/11/2021 07:02

Hi! Pushchair help needed! I got a secondhand mothercare nano, it looks great and in fab condition. But unfortunately my teeny 9 month old (5 weeks prem) is just a bit too small for it and the leg strap just doesn’t hold her in and she slips down. Any ideas to bulk it out or to hold her in? Or maybe I need to get another type of pushchair? We go on holiday in a week so need to get it sorted!

OP's posts:
Please
or

idontlikealdi · 19/11/2021 07:10

Has it got a wedge and headrest?

Please
or

alc123 · 19/11/2021 07:28

It just looks a bit like this one -

Baby too small for pushchair/stroller - suggestions needed
OP's posts:
Please
or

dementedpixie · 19/11/2021 07:39

If you recline it more does that help? Says its suitable from birth but that would be in a reclined position

Please
or

PinkWaferBiscuit · 19/11/2021 07:44

Can't you recline it? DS was also tiny at that age but he still used a stroller it was just reclined back a bit further. Wehad no choice as he was too mobile for the bassinet attachment on the pushchair and hated the sling, he was totally fine.

Please
or

alc123 · 19/11/2021 08:52

@dementedpixie I think we will try again with it in a recline but she wants to be sat up. Too nosy to be laid back!

@PinkWaferBiscuit yeah we will have to try and fiddle with the recline. She’s been too mobile for the bassinet for ages and have a bugaboo that she’s ok in the bigger bit of that but I didn’t want to take that on holiday incase they chucked it around at the airport

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mammyofasuperbaby · 19/11/2021 08:58

My son was 7 weeks prem and the size of a 4 month old at 9 months so we had the same problem.
I put a small folded blanket under his bum to lift him up and stop him sliding forward. It made him fit in his pushchair as he was too small for the straps on the smallest setting when sat up.

Please
or

alc123 · 20/11/2021 16:34

@Mammyofasuperbaby yeah that’s a good idea I’ll have to try it. She was not happy in it when I tried her again today. She’s still in 3-6 clothes bless her so defo not filling the pushchair!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mossstitch · 20/11/2021 16:58

Would a little flattish cushion or foam behind her work (have you still got the newborn bath foam thing - sorry don't know proper name mine all adults, we didn't have them) so that it brought her more forward so she can sit upright and not slip down. I know what you mean about not liking to be reclined, none of mine liked that position from very early on. Would be frowned upon these days but my first went into upright forward facing carseat and buggy for 6 months upwards at 3 months as hated not seeing everything, otherwise he was very grumpy! I couldn't even hold them reclined, had to face forwards with back against my chest🤷 they were all very early independent sitters, last one was 4 months & one week when he sat up himself, so not happy reclining unless asleep........ Which was rare🙄

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.