Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Grandma’s buggy recommendation please.

Kearey · 15/07/2020 21:15

As a new grandma babysitter with an 8 month old to look after on Wednesdays, I want to get a rear facing buggy that folds down easily, is light weight and will fit into a small boot (umbrella style?). Can anybody recommend anything please? Thank you for your thoughts.

OP's posts:
Please
or

teaandlotusbiscoff · 16/07/2020 16:53

Bugaboo ant, bugaboo bee, baby jogger vue and Cybex Eezy twist are all lightweight parent facing buggies. Worth a look Smile

Please
or

fedupandlookingforchange · 16/07/2020 16:55

Silver Cross Pop. I rarely get to use it (I do a couple of pushchairs) as my mother uses it. Its forward facing but is light, sturdy and fits in the boot of a small car.

Please
or

latheritup · 16/07/2020 16:56

Uwu Mix from Cosatto. They just launched it and it's amazing. Folds down into a tiny square that you can do one handed and I think it weighs 6kg.

Please
or

Nix2020 · 16/07/2020 16:59

Joie nitro. Umbrella fold, easy to fit in a boot. And affordable.

Please
or

FourPlasticRings · 16/07/2020 16:59

When my MIL started providing regular childcare, we bought a silver cross pop and she had it on the days she looked after DD. I'd consider discussing your requirements with the baby's parents and seeing if they can buy something suitable you can use. Seems a bit much to buy a buggy for one day a week.

Please
or

Lightofthephoenix · 16/07/2020 17:20

I had this one for my grandchild

I found this Chicco Echo Stroller - Stone, while browsing the Argos Mobile app:

www.argos.co.uk/product/8867647

Please
or

JanewaysBun · 17/07/2020 22:03

There are some real bargains on FB marketplace atm. If you can find a bugaboo bee i think that might be ideal

Please
or

2155User · 17/07/2020 23:08

Try and pick up a second hand bugaboo bee. You can change the way baby faces and it's lightweight and folds flat

Please
or

Tribe20 · 19/07/2020 19:46

I picked up a bugaboo bee on pramsy. a friend recommended the site to me and I felt better buying second hand from a proper company as all the fabrics have been properly cleaned. they might have some of the above choices as well (www.pramsy.com)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.