Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Mountainbuggy duet or Uppababy vista - 20 month age gap

Tree224 · 09/07/2020 11:28

Hi there,

Pregnant with second (will be 19 month age gap when born). Currently have uppababy vista that can be turned into a tandem system if we buy the extra parts, however I’m wondering whether it would be easier/nicer to have a side by side double buggy where I can more easily see/access both little ones. I know you can now get a bassinet configuration that can face the parent on the mountainbuggy and I think it’s pretty slim.

My dc is and always has been 98th percentile for height and weight so also don’t want them to be uncomfortable!

Would appreciate any guidance/thoughts from people with experience of these buggies/this age gap!

Thanks so much :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

DawnMumsnet · 11/07/2020 14:43

We're just bumping this thread for the OP. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help with this decision. Smile

Please
or

pandafunfactory · 11/07/2020 14:47

Tandems are hard going with a larger, heavy child. I would keep your pram for use when the oldest is too big for a buggy but get a side by side for use for now.

Please
or

user1488622199 · 11/07/2020 15:00

There’s just under 2 years between my 2 children. I converted my uppababy initially which was fine when the baby was in the basket and her car seat but after 6 months i got a side by side, it got a lot harder to push. We got an out n about nipper double. We tried the mountain buggy but found it a bit of a squash for my son.

Please
or

JanewaysBun · 19/07/2020 08:22

I have an icandy tandem and the MB duet. 18 month gap, both DC petite:

Tandem all the way....

1. Even the duet Would get stuck in shops e.g. wilko put their displays right in the middle of the walkways. Tandem is narrower. It is surprising how many small spaces I've needed to fit into.

2. Easier to fit in car boot.

3. Older child pokes younger one's nose so better to have them separated.

4. Easier to push one handed when one wants to be carried/carrying coffee

5. Easy to push when you have the heaviest one nearest you.

6. Easy to manoeuvre ins circle
Please
or

Tree224 · 30/07/2020 09:07

Thanks for all your replies!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Roselilly36 · 30/07/2020 09:44

Congrats OP Flowers. I had the twin mountain buggy for my two boys (21mths gap). I found it easy, it did go through doors ok, MIL even used to take it on the bus. I am going back a few years 17 to be precise. What I liked about the mountain buggy was its stability if toddler suddenly got out, it didn’t tip at all. Also the big tyres made it easy to push. I used to pick it up and swing it, into the boot, we had a Renault scenic, at the time, it was fairly easy as no lip to the boot. Good luck, it’s busy with two with a small gap, but no regrets at all, I would do it all again if I could mine are 19 & 17 now and really close brothers.

Please
or

Tree224 · 30/07/2020 10:00

@Roselilly36 thank you! Out of interest, were your boys on the bigger end weight wise? I only ask because I've realised my dc1 is going to likely go over the weight limit on the MB before he's ready to not be in a buggy anymore (he's off the charts for weight and height (always has been) and is a really late mover). So we're now thinking of getting the outnabout Nipper double as it has a higher weight capacity

OP's posts:
Please
or

Roselilly36 · 30/07/2020 11:15

My two where both 98th centile from birth, assuming they still use the same system now! So yes taller & weighed more than most babies.

I hope you are happy with the choice of buggy, it’s a big purchase, I know when I had my first DS1 we ended up by 3 different types of pram by the time he was 6mths.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.