Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Stokke? Egg? Mima Xari? Ickle Bubba? Help!

BrusselSprouts12345 · 03/10/2019 18:31

So this is my 2nd child but in the 4yrs since having him so much has changed in the world of travel systems!
The biggest difference is that since having him, my financial situation has changed considerably. 4yrs ago I was pregnant, alone and single and I had 2nd hand mothercare's own brand of travel system from eBay. Now I don't need to worry about that, just need do some research, let DP know what one I want and we can go out and get it.
However I have no idea what to get! Just as I decide "YEP! Definitely this one!" I find another I love!
I have a back injury (fractured lower spine) so need something as lightweight as possible. Due to the back issues I need something where the baby is as high up as possible too. And I need something that easily carries a car seat, carrycot and stroller seat.
The Egg I think is too heavy.
Ickle Bubba I think is light but too low (but my penny saving mode kicks in when looking at them coz they have amazing packages for the low price! But is this because quality is compromised?).
Stokke is very light and perfect for height I think? But is it a bit plasticky? I can't find anywhere to trial one!!!!
Mima Xari is like Stokke but I think more sturdy?
Stokke and Mima Xari are my favourites but I don't know how easy they are to convert to car seat carriers? There is NOWHERE to trial them as mothercare doesn't stock Stokke anymore and I can't find them to even compare.
So can anyone help? I need a light, as high up as possible, sturdy, ~flying~ travel system and I just don't know what to get!!!!! I'm getting migraines just thinking about it!!!!
Please help!

OP's posts:
Please
or

voxnihili · 13/10/2019 06:47

Bugaboo Fox is quite light for a travel system. It's quite high up compared to a lot and the handle height adjustment is great. I've had mine just over a year and love it.

Please
or

OlderthenYoungerNow · 13/10/2019 06:56

I found my Ickle bubba good quality and was sold on the price too. I've got the woodland green one and it does looks a
Smart. The handle bar is adjustable.

Please
or

HollyBollyBooBoo · 13/10/2019 07:06

Ickle bubba - you should boycott it just for the nauseating name

Please
or

HJWT · 13/10/2019 07:20

Ickle bubba is definitely a lower scale brand in terms of quality and the warranty you get, also doesn't hold value if you wanted to sell after.

Stokke is a good brand and can attach car seats but I think it has to be a specific branded carseat!

We have the Bugaboo fox this time as it was the only travel system that ticked all of the box's we needed personally ! (Large carrycot/Seat, high up, Large basket etc)

The best research platform for prams is youtube ! Type in a 'Stokke pram reviews' and you will find lots of reviews from mums who have the pram!

Hope that helps 😁

Please
or

BillyAndTheSillies · 13/10/2019 07:25

We have the stokke xplory and absolutely love it. We've just started using it again for DS2. The height is something I considered due to a long term back injury.

It's fairly light, and converts to a travel system really quickly if you use the izigo be safe car seat (usually comes as a package if you buy the whole travel system). No adaptors required, it just pops on.

Very narrow wheel base so makes navigating shops really easy but doesn't fold down very small.

Please
or

owlofathena · 14/10/2019 14:12

I have the egg and it is quite heavy. Its not heavy to push at all and is excellent to use but if you are needing to get it in and out of a car a lot then it will probably be too heavy l don't drive so not been an issue for me.

Please
or

imclaustrophobicdarren · 14/10/2019 14:13

Stokke xplory!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.