Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Nuna Mixx / Joie Chrome DXL, IS IT THE SAME PRAM?

IVEgottheDECAF · 27/05/2019 16:19

Read something online saying that the Joie Chrome DXL basically is the Nuna Mixx as its the same company using a different name. Anyone else looked at this?

Mothercare currently have the Joie at £330 for pushchair, carrycot and carseat. Those items branded Nuna are more like £700. Just wondering what the actual difference is!

OP's posts:
Please
or

HJWT · 27/05/2019 16:25

They are obviously very similar looking prams! 'Cheaper' company's will copy expensive brands, for example the mother journey pram looks similar to the old iCandy peach but £800-£1000 cheaper!

The big difference will be in the carseat and the safety testing your best going to a shop and trying both out The Joie may feel more flimsy and not as easy to push 1 handed.

I personally go for more expensive prams! It depends on the person some people would say I am stupid for what I pay for a pram but its just personal preference so try them out 😁

Please
or

HJWT · 27/05/2019 16:32

This is what I can find on google about who owns the 2 brands x

Nuna Mixx / Joie Chrome DXL, IS IT THE SAME PRAM?
Please
or

YorkshireCurly · 27/05/2019 16:35

Can't tell you if they are the same, but we have a Joie Chrome (model before the DLX) that we bought 3 years ago for DS1 and it is still going strong with DS2. No problems with build quality or design and we have put it through its paces pretty well. Also have two Joie car seats which are performing pretty well. (P.S. I promise I don't work for Joie!)

Please
or

BertieBotts · 03/06/2019 06:49

Joie and Nuna are the same company but I don't think the Mixx and the Chrome are identical. The Joie 360 car seat and the Nuna Norr aren't identical so I don't think their prams would be.

Please
or

BertieBotts · 03/06/2019 06:57

Joie car seats aren't unsafe though. Some cheap pushchair brands have a poor safety record for their car seats but Joie is an outlier and does cheap well.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.