Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Babyzen Yoyo advice/help

Pelly8 · 06/10/2018 12:25

Hello

After much deliberation, I have decided to go for a Baby Zen Yoyo for our first baby (due in Jan).

We live in zone 2 SE London in quite an urban area and are planning on using a sling as much as possible.

What I really want to know is whether it is worth buying the newborn pack for the yoyo or whether I can get away with a car seat (with the adapters?).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

JohnLapsleyParlabane · 06/10/2018 12:27

The car seat makes it really top heavy. And you shouldn't have a newborn in a car seat for over 30 minutes which can be a right old pain on a day out. I'd recommend getting the 0+ pack

Please
or

Pelly8 · 06/10/2018 14:45

thank you @JohnLapsleyParlabane - not thought about that! Will def get the 0+ pack.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ConsiderHerWaysAndOthers · 06/10/2018 22:10

I agree- get the newborn pack. The main YoYo advantages of it bring light and easy to fold are lost when you have the car seat on the frame, plus unless it’s a lie flat seat then baby really shouldn’t be in the car seat for too long. I also wouldn’t bank on the sling working for you- not every baby likes them and if you’re recovering from a c-section it might be very uncomfortable for you, it’s a good idea to have a plan b! Love my YoYo though, you’ve made an excellent choice Grin

Please
or

Pelly8 · 07/10/2018 18:54

@ConsiderHerWaysAndOthers that's great, thank you so much! I was a bit worried about the yoyo and have been dithering between that and the baby bee 5 but I just love how light the yoyo is!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.