Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Holiday pushchair 5 month old

rosegarden45 · 01/07/2018 14:31

Hi All, I'm looking for advice. We are going abroad when my little one will be 5 months old. I went into mamas and papas to ask about our travel system which they told us would need to go in the hold at check-in and may be damaged in the hold. Also, it is quite bulky so I'd like to get a lightweight travel buggy which can then be kept at the grandparents for use in future.

A lot of the travel buggies I've seen recommend from 6 months plus. Our baby is very big and has strong head control etc already at 12 weeks. I don't know how he'll be at 5 months but wondering if the 6 months plus is strict and what the reason is?

Does anyone have any recommendations for really good lightweight, compact travel buggies? The mamas and papas one folds up neatly and is currently on sale but I'd like to look around before committing to something.

OP's posts:
Please
or

NameChange30 · 01/07/2018 14:39

I think the 6 month thing is because the pushchairs don’t lie flat. Baby is supposed to be able to sit unaided to be ok in them. I expect most are fine by 5 months. Incidentally we got a more compact pushchair for holidays with DS when he was 5 months and he was fine in it. We have the Baby Jogger City Tour which is great as it folds up very small (small enough for hand luggage on some airlines and fits in the footwell of the car). It’s also smooth and easy to push/manoeuvre. Best on smooth surfaces.

Please
or

TroubledLichen · 01/07/2018 14:47

The babyzen YoYo can be taken as carry on luggage and has a newborn nest option that is totally lie flat. I bought one for travel when mine was about 3 months and liked it so much it very quickly replaced the big travel system.

Please
or

rosegarden45 · 01/07/2018 15:01

Thanks both, I'll have a look at those options.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.