Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Which car will fit maclaren techno XT widthways in the boot (having trouble with Ford C-Max)

Lucinda15 · 20/02/2018 06:43

Posted here and in cars!

We are buying a used car; currently have a xsara Picasso. Looking at Ford C-Max but when we went to view one we found we couldn’t fit the maclaren techno XT widthways in the boot, which is no good for us. I wonder how this is possible as its such a popular family car?? We have been looking also at a Citroen c4 Picasso but currently can’t find a petrol one within budget local to us.

My questions are;

Does anyone have a Mac techno XT and a Ford C-Max and manage ok? Can you still get along with the pushchair being diagonal? I don’t think diagonal is an option for us as we will have other things in the boot but interested to know if other people have managed it.

What pushchairs CAN fit widthways in a Ford C-Max?

What other cars do people have that can take a Mac techno XT widthways?

Thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MaverickSnoopy · 20/02/2018 08:25

We have a zafira and it fits with ample space. When car went to garage and got a hire car (which was described as large family car - another vauxhall but can't remember which type) it only just fit. It was a seriously tight squeeze and only went in at a certain angle. It helped when we pushed the handles on the buggy down though - can you do that or are they already down?

Sorry I can't be of more help but I also find it quite tricky to get into car boots. Great buggy though!

Please
or

Lucinda15 · 20/02/2018 10:00

Thanks! Yes I’m going a bit stir crazy trying to find a car suitable for us. The Picasso was so good to us, and such a lot of space I am reluctant to downsize. And when we couldn’t get the maclaren in I was gobsmacked but gather the XT is quite a large pushchair compared to some. Ours is only a bashed up second hand one, we’ve had it for years since my first was born 6 years ago and now using for my new baby. I am beginning to think we just ditch the maclaren (altho it feels like part of the family now 😂) and get a smaller pushchair.... it’s such a headache!!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.