Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Icandy Peach3 or Oyster Max

Natalia32 · 18/09/2014 20:15

I have a baby due any time now and a 2.5year old. He has a tendency to bolt, fairly rebellious, and I don't know how old he will be before I can trust him to stay on a buggy board. As I am intending to walk a lot, I honestly think it will be another year at least before we can do civilised walks together. Until then I need a double buggy. I have been researching the Peach3 and Oyster Max. I intend to walk a lot (city walking mainly), drive a bit, and love the convenience/nippy features of my current Bugaboo Bee. Which one in your opinion is the best fit? Many thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ariana08 · 18/09/2014 22:12

Definitely oyster. I've got a lime one which I love,it's easy to manoeuvre, light and airy when walking with it, and stylish

Please
or

Ihateparties · 18/09/2014 22:18

I don't think you can go wrong either way, the peach wins on flexibility, seat reclines and basket space, the max has the upper hand on seat size, price and fold (imo it's easier but it's all subjective).

With a 2.5yo I'm not sure how much use you would get out of the 2 seat parent facing option on the peach 3 and the max takes a buggyboard well. That would probably be my choice but really either, whatever suits you better.

Please
or

PurpleWithaMysteryBun · 18/09/2014 22:25

I have tried both out instore and the peach is a much better push. oyster was heavy and unwieldy and felt poor quality, I attempted to mount the pretend kerb and it was ridiculously heavy.

I am in the same situation as you with pesky 2 1/2 yo and have bought a second hand peach 2. I trip over buggy boards so wasn't really an option to consider for my dc 2 &3 as I couldn't manage with dc 1&2. Also peach is a respectable single so you should get plenty of use out of it. Good luck with your decision

Please
or

JenSmith1508 · 19/09/2014 09:54

I also tried both before I bought my peach3 and the icandy was so smooth in comparison! They pointed out in the shop how the bottom seat on an icandy is much higher and closer into the pushchair than the oyster, so it isn't as close to the wheels, I was worried DDs fingers could get caught.

Please
or

Natalia32 · 19/09/2014 12:12

Thanks everyone! I was already leaning towards the icandy, and your feedback really helped!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 21/09/2014 17:35

I have had both and would recommend both. The Oyster Max front seat is larger, and may suit your eldest for longer, however the Oyster Max lower seat only has a shallow recline, so watch for that once the baby reaches 6 months. These photos may be useful to you. I loved both pushchairs but for different reasons. I think Parties summed it up well.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.