Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Not sure if ok to crosspost but anyway - Bugaboo Cam v Buffalo

Gorran · 21/01/2014 17:24

Posted this in pregnancy but wondered if I might get some replies in here. Should have done that first!

I've had Cams before for my elder daughters and love them, I won't consider anything other than a Bug. BUT, have now seen the Buffalo and I LOVE it - my H thinks it's too heavy (and I am only small, so can see why he might think I'd struggle) but I like that it's a bit different, that the underseat bag is more accessible, the fact you can hang a bag on the handlebars (ok up to 6kg apparently) and just that I'd like a change, really.

Any opinions?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Rockchick1984 · 24/01/2014 09:19

I loved the buffalo when I saw it online, had heard it was heavy so asked if I could try getting it into my car boot and couldn't lift it in!! So have a good try of it before you make a decision!

Please
or

Linguaphile · 24/01/2014 11:16

Wow, that basket would be amazing... No experience with either, but have a try and make sure you can lift the Buffalo--I have a hard time lifting my donkey and it can be a pain on stairs and getting it in/out of the car.

Please
or

whitewineforme · 25/01/2014 09:14

I loved the look of the Buffalo and pre ordered one. When I got a chance to try it (a few weeks before it was due to arrive) I found it was ridiculously heavy. I am relatively strong but it would have been a pain lugging it in and out of the car. It is probably a good pushchair for someone who walks loads rather than uses the car, and therefore doesn't need to lift it much but wouldn't have worked for me. So definitely try it first and see what you think! I agree all the other features are fab but the weight was a deal breaker for me.

Please
or

Gorran · 25/01/2014 09:20

Thanks all, we had a quick squizz at it in JL a few weeks back and that's what made my H think it too heavy. But I really like it! I am going back to JL today with my daughters (who will no doubt want to buy endless amounts of useless baby tat!) and will have another look.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.