Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Micralite superlite

HiccupHaddockHorrendous · 19/08/2013 23:21

I've just bought one off eBay and there appear to be a couple of problems.

Firstly, the handles won't stay fixed. They tilt when a little force is applied. A quick google shows that it has been an issue but it is one I can live with.

The other problem is that the seat won't stay upright or in the recline position. It slips way down the back of the frame.

I can't find any pictures online that clearly show how the recline part and the mesh part should be attached to the frame.

Can anyone help before I sell it for spares/repairs?

OP's posts:
Please
or

kimblesj · 19/08/2013 23:38

I loved my micralite! The handles should be held by two clips, the come lose a bit but should be easy to tighten with screwdriver? The back should have two clips on each side? You need to pull both bits up or down to keep it in position x

Please
or

HiccupHaddockHorrendous · 20/08/2013 00:02

Thanks for the reply.

I've tighten the handle clips as much as I can manage but it makes no difference but I can live with this problem if I can sort out the recline.

I've found all the info on how to recline/lift up the seat but it just won't stay up. I don't tnk the recline mechanism is fitted properly but can't work out how to take it apart.

Hmm, might have to wait until tomorrow and have another go in daylight.

OP's posts:
Please
or

HiccupHaddockHorrendous · 20/08/2013 00:20

Yay! I've fixed it!! Had to take the recline mechanism apart and now it's working fine Smile

I might fiddle around with the wobbly handle another time Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

kimblesj · 20/08/2013 08:13

Woohoo! Sorry wasn't much help I have never taken mine apart but it is a fab pushchair!

Please
or

HiccupHaddockHorrendous · 20/08/2013 09:15

That's ok Smile

I had one about 10 years ago when they first came out but the recline on this one is totally different.

Just keep your fingers crossed that it fits in my car boot!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

kimblesj · 20/08/2013 19:09

It will! They are tiny and strong! Love mine it's the only one that did the job with my huge son once he needed a stroller!

Please
or

HiccupHaddockHorrendous · 22/08/2013 15:33

Took it out for its first test-drive today and it has passed with flying colours Grin.

I have a Zafira and when the boot seats are up the only buggy that fits is a Maclaren Quest (Techno XT was far too big). I have gone through hundreds quite a few buggies, trying to find another one that will fit.

Anyway, I was thrilled to discover that the micralite is the same height as the Maclaren quest (when folded) and fitted in just fine so it will be staying for the foreseeable!

OP's posts:
Please
or

kimblesj · 22/08/2013 19:15

Wahoo it is completely fabulous I agree! Am always raving about it and am sad I don't get to use it now x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.