Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Will it be too heavy?

whitewineforme · 10/08/2013 16:55

I have pre ordered a Bugaboo Buffalo which I think will arrive in about 3 weeks. However I'm a bit worried from a couple of threads I've read on here that it is extremely heavy which is putting me off a bit. My local John Lewis now has one but I haven't had a chance to go and try it and not sure if I will be able to before it arrives. Has anyone tried one and can reassure me it's not that heavy?! My DS is 14 months and average weight. I currently have an icandy strawberry which I find fine to lift. I thought the Buffalo was a similar weight (from checking both Bugaboo and icandy websites) but have since read that the Bugaboo weight given on their website sounds like it could be incorrect.

I think I am just getting a bit paranoid as to whether I've made a good decision, as don't want something that's ridiculously heavy to lift and push!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 10/08/2013 23:09

I have used one - and have one one order too. The Buffalo does feel heavy to lift however the wheels are something like 5kgs in total and when those got popped off, the difference was noticeable. I didnt think it was heavy to push at all. Weight in kgs bears no relation to weight to push. The true test will be trying it in real life and I havent done that yet...
I dont think it felt that much different to the Strawberry TBH. The Buffalo fitted in my car short ways, whereas the Strawberry doesnt. So it can't be that big! I think people have different perceptions of light and heavy too.

Please
or

whitewineforme · 12/08/2013 20:06

Thankyou Tiggy. I could really do with getting myself to John Lewis but have been busy at weekends and haven't had time, am considering going on Saturday. If the wheels are easy to pop off then that's helpful if I do have any issues with weight. It's hard when you're buying unseen - most of the reviews have been brilliant until I read complaints on weight!

OP's posts:
Please
or

FluffyDavis · 12/08/2013 22:37

I also pre-ordered one weeks ago, I have just seen it in John Lewis and have cancelled my order!
I thought it was huge, bulky and ugly. It also didn't steer as well as the cameleon. The front wheels kept sort of catching as I pushed it round, not smooth at all. It was massive when folded.
I think you really have to go and see it Confused

Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 12/08/2013 23:42

Shock The Buffalo is smaller than the Cameleon when folded which is no mean feat as the Cam fold is pretty flat anyway!

Please
or

FluffyDavis · 13/08/2013 06:06

It did take the bloke in John Lewis 10 mins to work out how to fold it! Maybe he didn't collapse it fully, it looked as big folded as the unfolded cameleon standing next to it Grin

I am gutted, words can't explain how excited I was about getting it. I had looked at all the photos/videos online but in the flesh just thought no way!

Please
or

whitewineforme · 13/08/2013 08:26

Oh no Fluffy, that is what I am worried will happen as I've been so excited about mine too! My justification for getting it now is that I can use it for my DS and then any future babies so I need to love it. Sounds like I need to make the effort to go and try it out asap to see how I feel about it.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 13/08/2013 12:16

That doesnt sound right at all :(
There's photos here of the Buffalo folded side by side with the Cameleon. Its definitely smaller with the seat off (fair comparison as the Cam seat needs removing to fold), and isnt bad with the seat on TBH.

Please
or

FluffyDavis · 13/08/2013 13:00

Thanks tiggy, it doesn't look big at all in those photos!
I feel another shopping trip is needed to put my mind at rest Confused

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.