Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Has the wheel issue on the bee been resolved?

snala · 20/02/2013 10:57

I'm going to the baby show on Friday and hoping to buy a bee. Have they sorted the wheels out yet?

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

youmaycallmeSSP · 20/02/2013 13:49

Yes, they fixed it with the Bee Plus (now the standard Bee). have one and no problems so far.

Please
or

snala · 20/02/2013 16:06

Brill thanksGrin

OP's posts:
Please
or

femmeaufoyer · 20/02/2013 17:12

I have a Bee Plus with the wheel problem, I bought it in 2010. Bugaboo have sent me some metal washers to put on the wheels and they are perfect now. I assume all new ones come with them already on. I love my Bee! It's not perfect but suits my city life really well. I bought it for my DD when she was 18 months and i'm now using it with my new DS, just changed the hood, seat liner, bought a cocoon and it's like a new pushchair.

Please
or

OutsideOverThere · 21/02/2013 10:03

There were two issues afaik, first off, the wheels were shimmying etc. so they changedthem to a plastic bearing instead of metal.
I'm not sure which models this affected.

Secondly the plastic bearings made the wheels lock spontaneously at times so they sent out new wheels to existing owners;

this is all I know. I've just ordered a 2009 Bee new from Mothercare so will see how it handles.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.