Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Pushchairs

Bjcm double 2012- release date?

7 replies

Sgj14 · 21/03/2012 07:50

Having finally settled on the bjcm double (2012 model) I was wondering if anyone knew the release date, and the rrp? I'm guessing I'll need to pre-order as I assume it will be pretty popular. If anyone knows the same for the gt version too please let me know! TIA

OP posts:
Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 21/03/2012 12:16

I think its already out or certainly is due any day now.....but the Baby Jogger rep is due here any time now so will quiz her when she arrives! I would definitely get on the phone anyway and preorder because I know one retailer was saying they had sold out of all their first 2012 preordered stock of doubles. The GT will more than likely be the same (if not worse!) The single GT is due at the end of April....and the double therefore is probably the end of the May. I will ask though.

Please
or

Sgj14 · 21/03/2012 14:23

Thank you very much. I've asked a sales rep in John Lewis but they didn't even know about a 2012 model so I didnt get much info out of that trip!

OP posts:
Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 21/03/2012 16:23

It is the end of April for both the single and double BJCM 2012 to arrive in the UK, so I guess will be another week to ship to retailers etc :)
However we phoned up re stock and there are very few coming in especially of purple. Winstantleys, Gary Watts, Discount Baby Equipment, Precious Little Ones and Twinsstore are all people to try.

Please
or

Sgj14 · 21/03/2012 20:49

Thank you so much for that. Baby number two is due in June so I better get on to it straight away. Will the dates be the same for the gt double do you think? I'm still not 100% sure which one to go for, decisions decisions....! Thanks again

OP posts:
Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 22/03/2012 00:07

The GT double is due at the same time as the single ones. They should be with retailers at the start of May.
Baby Jogger are known for sending first batches in dribs and drabs and it sounds like these are no exception. There are usually deliveries every few weeks. But it would be wise to secure one of the early ones TBH.
I had the City Mini and also the Elite doubles - and TBH I fell out with the City Mini over the non adjustable handlebar (never a problem with the single but when you push a double you stand differently and generally use both hands, and I got terrible back ache), and also the poor basket access. I know the latter has been addressed this year across the board. But having had the Elite I really appreciated the adjustable handlebar, handbrake, more luxurious seat padding, forever air tyres etc. It was a lovely bouncy pushchair to push - made for walking across a park with in summer. For me, there is no question that the GT bridges the gap between the more basic City Mini and the heavy weight of the Elie ie the GT has the advantages without the disadvantages. The GT obviously costs more, but if you can stretch to it, I think it would be worth it IMHO. My single GT is on order but I am tempted to try a double just to see what its like!!

Please
or

Sgj14 · 22/03/2012 07:45

I think the cost of the gt will be our only issue, but I am going to ring around the shops you suggested and see what they say. We use our pushchair a lot (multiple times a day) so I think in the long run we'll benefit from the gt. Thanks for all your info though, it's much appreciated!

OP posts:
Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 22/03/2012 08:18

Baby Joggers hold their value well for resale plus they have a lifetime warranty on the chassis and 'forever air' tyres (not fabrics or normal wheels).

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?