Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Pushchairs

Considering replacing Bee + with BJCM - any thoughts?

4 replies

EmmaNicole · 17/04/2011 15:20

I have a love-hate relationship with my Bee +. I love the fact that it's lightweight, front and rear-facing, looks cool etc but hate the fact that it feels rickety, rubbish on rough terrain and the extending seat back keeps slipping down. I'm considering selling it and getting a BJCM (seen loads of great reviews) and would welcome and feedback/experiences people have thx. I will have to see the Bee to but the BJCM and don't want to let it go and then regret it. Confused!!

OP posts:
Please
or

horsemadgal · 17/04/2011 17:17

I prefer the old Bee to both of them TBH. BJCM is fab in that its so easy to fold and can fit a huge child in, but I didnt think it was that easy to push and its very wide.
I'm still squeezing my 2 year old into Bee but I've got an Air Buggy now too and it is fab. Light, folds very small, narrow, love it. The recline is by zips though, only downside. Its basically a mini 3 wheeler.

Please
or

EmmaNicole · 17/04/2011 17:29

I meant to say..."have to sell the Bee to buy the BJCM!!" Thx for the feedback horsemadgal...I'm going to go and have a play with the BJCM tomorrow because of what you said about it being wide. I had a Buzz and hated the fact it was so wide! I'll also check out the Air Buggy.

OP posts:
Please
or

PetiteMum · 18/04/2011 11:01

Have you considered the mountain buggy swift? I just bought one as a 2nd pushchair, for the reasons you mentioned. I still love my bee though, it's so nippy and fab for shopping. The swif is small, but excellent off road and built like a tank!

Please
or

EmmaNicole · 18/04/2011 13:29

Hi, just looked at the Swift...nice! Decided against the BJCM - been to look this morning and it is quite wide at the back...and it feels really flimsy compared to the Bee. In fact, I've fallen in love with my Bee again...and Bugaboo are sending me a replacement seat back so hopefully it will soon be perfect.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?