My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Help me pick some wallpaper

18 replies

Coffeesnob11 · 25/02/2024 21:46

I am very slowly doing up my 1965 house. I gre up in a house with magnolia carpets and walls and I love colour. I know my choices aren't many peoples choices but they make me happy. I am a lone oarent so only myself and my 5 year old to please. If you don't like them great I don't mind, some if my friends love grey, you do you.
I have completed Ds room and am now working on my bedroom. It's north facing. I love wallpaper (especially as everything is fairly wonky despite it being 1960s).
Which of the below do you think I should go for (I have adhd so change my mind on everything all the time and struggle to make decisions!
A yellow stripes
B yellow and pink ombre
C pink ombre
D peach ombre
E giraffe print green
F zebra pink

OP posts:
Coffeesnob11 · 25/02/2024 21:47

Sorry missed one photo

OP posts:
Janetime · 25/02/2024 21:48

Of them I’d go pink ombré, and I’d supplement it with green decorative pillows and throw.

Rainbowbrite83 · 25/02/2024 21:48

I love colour too OP! I like the yellow stripes the best.

Porfirio · 25/02/2024 21:51

Not the ombré and not yellow.

I like the stripes but in the green colour of the giraffe print.

ArchetypalBusyMum · 25/02/2024 21:52

I also enjoy colour in my life.
I absolutely LOVE those yellow stripes, especially with that pink cupboard... I think that's something you could really have fun taking with cool accessories/furniture.
So many lampshaded that would go with that from the pooky website too.

Geneticsbunny · 26/02/2024 07:41

I like the yellow stripes or the pink ombre best

nc22124 · 26/02/2024 08:15

You're north facing and you like colour, so I'd go for the brightest one personally as your room will naturally be quite dark. I think that's the yellow stripes?

Sanch1 · 26/02/2024 09:31

I love them all, but if I was in your position I'd go zebra print with no DH to moan about it!

I would avoid vertical stripes if you have wonky walls as the stripes will be wonky!

SpringOfContentment · 26/02/2024 09:42

Don't do vertical stripes if you have wonky walls.
Otherwise, which one makes you smile?

I'd do the green giraffe print, but don't do full on colour typically. So that is perhaps the safest, and should come of the list?

Gaggley · 26/02/2024 09:45

I love the ombre, I think the stripes might be tricky to get exactly straight as walls are often a little off and would be annoying. I love colour too and am trying to choose new wallpaper for my lounge, you've given me some new options.

Coffeesnob11 · 26/02/2024 11:11

My ceiling is perfectly flat as I have just had it done. Would I be mad to have pink ombre on the wall and yellow stripes on the ceiling. Thinking of using the zebra stripes in my office, certainly an interesting teams background!

OP posts:
CountryCob · 26/02/2024 12:16

I like the peach ombré, lovely choices here. If the room is north facing the peach will help warm up the room, darker rooms carry warmer tones better in my opinion. Cornflower/ pale blue would be a nice contrasting colour for accessories/ window treatments I think….

maltikat · 26/02/2024 12:20

Pink ombré or yellow stripe

MightyGoldBear · 26/02/2024 12:30

Yellow stripes is lovely. I love colour too. Only live once go bold 😍

sweetpickle2 · 26/02/2024 12:31

I love the yellow stripes!

JaninaDuszejko · 26/02/2024 14:14

Pink ombre on the walls and yellow stripes on the ceiling sounds fabulous.

Geneticsbunny · 27/02/2024 08:20

Wallpapering ceilings is really tricky. I can't visualise the stipy ceiling but I am generally of the opinion that you can always paint over it if it is too much which is why we have a range of weird coloured rooms!

Saz12 · 27/02/2024 09:50

I really like the picture of yellow stripe, but largely because of the strong horizontal /box of the pink cupboard with it and no other clutter. I dont think Id like it as much in a real room.

But I love the peach ombre for a bedroom - kind of sunset /sunrise vibe and a warm glow to it. White bedding etc, nice clear, sharp blue highlights.

The zebra print is great, thatd be good in your office.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.