My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Bidding / council housing

11 replies

Namechangeyahoo · 21/12/2023 12:07

Hi all

We are very new to this and have recently been accepted on the housing register. Based on overcrowding we have been given some points. We are still waiting for them to assess the evidence we have uploaded, before they can give us more points.

We logged on a few days ago and a property has come up. When we clicked on it, we were given a queue position of 20. I believe a viewing is only arranged for the top 3 though I can't remember exactly. Would you still apply for it if you were at queue position 20? Or is it better to wait till you're at for example queue position 10?

If you don't bid on eligible properties does it affect your position? Or is that only if you bid and then turn it down?

We are still gathering information regarding the whole process so apologies if the questions sound silly. Just after your experience if you were in the same situation. Thank you

OP posts:
Mummy335 · 23/01/2024 20:09

Hi
Not sure if you still need an answer but I have bidded been at 20 and ended up with a phone call to say been short listed and also same 11 but the weirdest is that lately I've been under 10,4 was the lowest for properties and not heard anything you should still bid even if you are higher as people bid may decline or have already been offered so it goes down in the queue unfortunately I haven't been offered a house at number 1 yet, so have been disappointed when i have had that call,but I'm hoping soon, as a few years on high band. Hope you get housed soon x

Namechangeyahoo · 30/01/2024 18:05

Thank you for replying @Mummy335 i'm sorry you've been on a high band and still not been housed yet. It's so disappointing I know :( we still bid regardless and lately have been anywhere from position 4 to position 10. We are very new to it so expecting to wait much longer still. Do you get called up each time you're in the top 3?

OP posts:
Namechangeyahoo · 30/01/2024 18:45

@Mummy335 just out of curiosity, how comes you didn't get the house at number 1? Is that quite common?

OP posts:
Mummy335 · 31/01/2024 12:59

Sorry I meant I haven't been at 1 yet unfortunately.x

GreyRaven · 25/02/2024 18:48

Hi I'm on gold band/ homeless with my 2 yr old and currently rank 2 on a property I'm new to all of this so If anyone knows anything I'd be very great ful. Thanks

Mummy335 · 26/02/2024 07:24

Weirdly, after talking to someone on here about waiting for so long etc. I was on medical award B few years. A couple of weeks ago I had a phone call I was 2nd but because the other person didn't contact, we got the house 😁 we have just moved in but all together since applying for housing it's been 10 year wait although private renting was OK you definitely don't feel like it's a home.

GreyRaven · 26/02/2024 08:50

Mummy335 · 26/02/2024 07:24

Weirdly, after talking to someone on here about waiting for so long etc. I was on medical award B few years. A couple of weeks ago I had a phone call I was 2nd but because the other person didn't contact, we got the house 😁 we have just moved in but all together since applying for housing it's been 10 year wait although private renting was OK you definitely don't feel like it's a home.

Hopefully I have some luck 😂

TheTimeIsNowMaybeNow · 26/02/2024 08:58

I came 7th on the house I'm in now, not sure what happened to the other 6 but from what I heard at the time the council had some discretion when it came to who the house goes to

GreyRaven · 27/02/2024 06:51

Hi I've came rank 2 on a property i am band- gold/homeless. I've had to fill out forms and being booked in for a viewing if all my paperwork is fine which it should be does this mean I will get this property ? If anyone knows or can give me any idea I'd be greatful thanks :)

Mummy335 · 27/02/2024 10:23

@GreyRaven I was in 2nd, If the 1st person turns it down or doesn't contact in the time frame given it should be yours... Good luck 🤞

Greenfrogordog · 12/04/2024 20:43

Mummy335 · 27/02/2024 10:23

@GreyRaven I was in 2nd, If the 1st person turns it down or doesn't contact in the time frame given it should be yours... Good luck 🤞

Hi how long did it take after the bidding closed for them to contact you? As I’m in such a Simlar position x

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.