Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Property/DIY

AO cooker installation

5 replies

FreeMyPen · 18/03/2023 11:37

Not just AO but any dealer that offers installation…

I have a built in gas hob - it’s fixed into the counter. I am thinking of replacing it with a full cooker.
The AO website says they do installation but do not deal with counters and cabinets.
What do people do in this situation? How can I remove the counter and cabinets if it’s built in already ? any ideas ?

OP posts:
Please
or

Youvebeenseeingsos · 18/03/2023 14:48

Buy the hob then pay a gas engineer to do it. They are used to fitting them into work tops.

www.gassaferegister.co.uk/gas-safety/gas-appliances/gas-cooker-and-hob-appliance-guide/
registered gas engineer
Installation of a gas hob or oven should only be carried out by a competent qualified, registered gas engineer who is Gas Safe registered. This will ensure that your newly installed gas cooking appliance is correctly fitted and safe for use.

Please
or

PeekAtYou · 18/03/2023 14:53

Will AO take away the old hob?

Either get a plumber to disconnect old one. Pay AO or plumber to take it away. Ask if plumber will take away old cabinet for an additional fee.

If plumber won't take away cabinet then you can take the cabinet to the tip or pay someone to do that.

Please
or

PeekAtYou · 18/03/2023 14:54

Youvebeenseeingsos · 18/03/2023 14:48

Buy the hob then pay a gas engineer to do it. They are used to fitting them into work tops.

www.gassaferegister.co.uk/gas-safety/gas-appliances/gas-cooker-and-hob-appliance-guide/
registered gas engineer
Installation of a gas hob or oven should only be carried out by a competent qualified, registered gas engineer who is Gas Safe registered. This will ensure that your newly installed gas cooking appliance is correctly fitted and safe for use.

I read the OP as wanting a free standing cooker and not to replace a built in hob for another built in hob which AO does

Please
or

FreeMyPen · 18/03/2023 17:12

PeekAtYou · 18/03/2023 14:54

I read the OP as wanting a free standing cooker and not to replace a built in hob for another built in hob which AO does

Yeah exactly that. Want them to remove the built in hob and replace with gas cooker but in same place.

OP posts:
Please
or

IbizaToTheNorfolkBroads · 18/03/2023 18:02

I think you'll need to do this in stages.

First get the old hob and oven removed first, by the appropriate tradesperson/people.

Then get a joiner to cut out the worktop/plinth around where the oven and hob were.

Then order your cooker. Presumably you'll be replacing electric oven with electric cooler, or gas with gas - otherwise you'll need to get the right attachment to the fuel source fitted.

Please
or