Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone live in Denton Manchester? travelling time in M60?

Qqbank01 · 23/09/2022 12:57

I am in process of buying a property in Denton area, I have visited Denton several times and it looks good, my only concern is the transportation.
I am currently working locally (in Cheshire area) and don't need to drive, If I moved to Denton mean I have to travel M60 during peak hour (my friends said it is a nightmare), does anyone know how long does it take to travel?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bumblefeet · 23/09/2022 13:05

Hi, I live in Denton.
The M60 is indeed dreadful, and most leave early to avoid it. It does move, and eases once you get past the pyramid.

Please
or

Winederlust · 23/09/2022 13:13

Yes, I live nearby. Assume you're talking m60 towards m56 then yes it's a nightmare. Don't agree that it eases much past the pyramid either...it backs up again around cheadle and again on the m56 junction. And if you're wanting to come off at cheadle (A34) forget it!

Sorry, rant over 😆

Agree that the earlier (or later) you leave the better. As with most roads it's 7-9ish that is the worst period.

Please
or

emmathedilemma · 23/09/2022 13:30

Avoid at all costs!

Please
or

StopStartStop · 23/09/2022 13:31

Don't.
It's its own world.
Don't.

Please
or

Qqbank01 · 23/09/2022 14:21

Winederlust · 23/09/2022 13:13

Yes, I live nearby. Assume you're talking m60 towards m56 then yes it's a nightmare. Don't agree that it eases much past the pyramid either...it backs up again around cheadle and again on the m56 junction. And if you're wanting to come off at cheadle (A34) forget it!

Sorry, rant over 😆

Agree that the earlier (or later) you leave the better. As with most roads it's 7-9ish that is the worst period.

Yes, property locate near Denton golf club, google teach me to go A57 and turn to M60, then go thru A34.
Maybe going thru Reddish? still worse?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ilikewinter · 23/09/2022 14:25

Oh dear!! ..... seriously any route into and out of Denton in rush hour is a nightmare, you need to have set off no later than 7.30 - earlier if possible....coming back I can sit in traffic from as early as 3.30pm.

Please
or

Winederlust · 23/09/2022 15:25

Qqbank01 · 23/09/2022 14:21

Yes, property locate near Denton golf club, google teach me to go A57 and turn to M60, then go thru A34.
Maybe going thru Reddish? still worse?

All roads to the M60 will be a nightmare unfortunately. I can't think of any alternative to your route that would be any better.
I'd say the A34 is arguably worse than the M60 once you get there tbh.

Sorry to be so negative but better to be prepared I guess 😕

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?