My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Connect with others and find premature birth support.

Premature birth

Twins - bottles

7 replies

RJP313 · 03/01/2024 19:47

Hi all. Our twin girls came at 36 weeks and are now 37 weeks old. They seem keen to bottle feed but we are having issues with finding the right bottles. They seem to take an hour to drink 50ml from the Dr Brown premmie bottles (or tire themselves up and give up before), and with the MAM premmie bottles they guzzle them in ten minutes and almost choke on every feed. Anyone use any other bottles which are somewhere in the middle ? Thank you

OP posts:
PinkMimosa · 03/01/2024 22:24

No idea sorry @RJP313 but just wanted to say Congratulations Flowers

Hopefully you'll get a response soon Wink

clareykb · 03/01/2024 22:44

Hi Congrats on your babies! I combi fed my 36 week twins but for bottles neo natal told us to use the cheapest most basic pund land or similar type bottles as they are easy for little early babies to suck..I was a bit meh about it at the time but they were right and they did work. My 2 are 10 now so there may be other newer options about but this is what we were told

Matthew54 · 04/01/2024 16:22

agree with simpler is better. We used the “Nuk” nipple we got from peds as it was the only one he could use for expressed BM.

Christmasapple · 04/01/2024 16:28

So ingrained is the anti-bottle feeding message that the first two posts have felt to clarify, totally unnecessarily, that their babies had breast milk from their bottles 🤯

OP congratulations on your babies. I was also told (albeit 6 years ago) that the super cheap pound shop type bottles were the best for tiny babies.

Good luck! They’ll figure it out in the end but I know the early weeks (especially with two!) can make everything feel daunting.

Matthew54 · 04/01/2024 19:30

Christmasapple · 04/01/2024 16:28

So ingrained is the anti-bottle feeding message that the first two posts have felt to clarify, totally unnecessarily, that their babies had breast milk from their bottles 🤯

OP congratulations on your babies. I was also told (albeit 6 years ago) that the super cheap pound shop type bottles were the best for tiny babies.

Good luck! They’ll figure it out in the end but I know the early weeks (especially with two!) can make everything feel daunting.

I think I need to do some deep reflecting….

Salesarefullofcutpricesprouts · 04/01/2024 19:32

Ds was born at 35 weeks. Used MAM with the age appropriate teats. Think 0-0.and their dummies also. Have you checked flow size? Sorry don't think you are stupid but twins and prem is already a lot to think about!

stresshead38 · 04/01/2024 20:35

Another one saying the cheap supermarket/boots bottle. As advised by NICU. 34 weekers.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.