My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Abortion

8 replies

Kindnessmatters2 · 15/03/2023 10:44

I’m getting my abortion pills today. I can’t even get out of bed for morning sickness. My anxiety is going through the roof. I’m scared of what’s going to happen. Is anyone else in this situation today or can maybe help with getting through this.

OP posts:
Louise1119 · 15/03/2023 14:42

Hi, I have just come on here to write my story as I have been in your position 3 weeks ago today. Please do not be scared, I'm not sure how far gone you are but I was 6 weeks and I can tell you the tablets were nothing to be scared about. Bleeding and cramping yes- but nothing like I expected from reading some stories online. They prescribed me coedine but I didn't take it, as I didn't feel I was in that much pain. Paracetamol, ibuprofen and a hot water bottle worked for me. I took the tablets vaginally at 5pm, 2 more at 8pm and I was asleep by 11pm. Woke up the next day and worked as usual. Good luck x

Kindnessmatters2 · 15/03/2023 15:45

Thank you so much for your reply! I’m roughly 6/7 weeks depending on ovulation. I just took my first anti sickness tablet half an hour ago so have half an hour until I take the first tablet. Kinda freaking out over how big it is as I have a phobia of swallowing tablets. I’m glad yours went as well as it could and you managed to resume to normal the next day. I can’t wait until this is all over for me too.

OP posts:
LLHachi · 15/03/2023 23:21

Hi there. I am 6 weeks + 2 days pregnant, went for a scan yesterday, took the first pill and 3 hours ago inserted the 4 vaginal ones. Cramping started 30 mins later, nothing too bad, I could get ready for the night and get ready my hot water bottle. Cramping is now a good 8 out of 10 I would say but I do have bad period pain so I am trying to breath through it without panicking. Started bleeding almost as soon as I started cramping.. passed a couple of very small clots. I did take the codeine as I unfortunately need to work a long day tomorrow and would like to avoid being completely destroyed if I can.
As I said pain is definitely pretty strong right now but still manageable. Hopefully won't go too much more then this.
(Also sorry for my English and bad grammar, not my first language).
How are you doing?

LLHachi · 16/03/2023 01:18

01:15 - Pain escalated to the point of almost taking my breath away and making me sick. Definitely the wort pain I have yet felt in my life. I passed a bigger clot with what seemed like greyish gunk in it, I don't know If that could have been the pregnancy.
I am still pretty calm even though all my body aches.

LLHachi · 16/03/2023 08:42

Now the morning after. Around 1:30 I took some codeine and slowly the pain went better and I could sleep 4 deep hours. I woke up this morning with very little blood on my past and some clots on the toilet, nothing too bad. I hope this is working.

Amelie7 · 16/03/2023 19:14

hello, how you feeling? im pregnant with my 3rd in almost 4 weeks and im thinking of taking the pills as well but i am so scared of the pain and the bleeding and the feeling of guilt after i do it :( do you feel better now?

LLHachi · 16/03/2023 19:21

Hi ♡ I have been sleepy and a bit out of it cause of the codeine but I worked quite easily all day. I am bleeding very little, less then my normal period (I have very heavy periods) so I hope it worked. Pain is totally manageable without painkillers now.
As I said I had a horrible couple of hours yesterday night but nothing unbearable as it was gone pretty soon.
I am emotional but I don't have any regret.. there are too many things I need to sort out in my life before I can be a parent.
I am sorry if you are worry for the guilt you might have, choose for your health and the health of your family (mental health too).

Kindnessmatters2 · 16/03/2023 19:48

So I took the 4 pills two hours ago, Fell asleep and woke up for the toilet and a large clot the size of my palm but a little smaller came out. Minimal bleeding on pad just in toilet. No pain but I did take paracetamol and ibuprofen so maybe that masked it. Feeling very tired though so lying in bed. I’m unsure if it’s over or not as I was expecting it to be bad.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.