My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Abortion today

17 replies

tiredandweakkk · 01/10/2022 06:45

Taking the 2nd abortion pills and already feel very tired and weak after starting the process. Is this normal?
Very very worried about what's to come. But know I'm making the right decision for myself.

OP posts:
Threebutterflies · 01/10/2022 08:22

@tiredandweakkk
hiya how are you getting on ? Hope your feeling ok ? Try not to worry to much I think it’s very rare to have any problems with a medical termination. Most posters on here say it’s like a heavy period with bad cramps. Do you have anyone with you ?

tiredandweakkk · 01/10/2022 08:24

I only have my toddler with me so it is a little rough, but so far just starting to get quite sore and freezing at the moment.
Thank you for commenting, I felt very very lonely and scared this morning when posting so I appreciate it

OP posts:
Threebutterflies · 01/10/2022 08:34

@tiredandweakkk
I hope it’s not to painfull for you . How far along are you ? I did bleed an awful lot when I had a medical termination but then it did ease up quite quickly after . It kind of all just gushed out. I know it must be hard with your toddler there I’d just say rest as much as you can . Does anyone know what your going through that you can speak to about it ?

tiredandweakkk · 01/10/2022 08:39

@Threebutterflies nobody knows sadly, but that was my choice I suppose.
I am almost 8 weeks - how far along were you? So far not much bleeding after the first set but I have to insert the second set soon which may help?

OP posts:
Threebutterflies · 01/10/2022 08:47

Tbh I wish nobody had known about mine ! I was early but I can’t remember exactly how long as I didn’t have a scan . It was about ten years ago now and I had surgical termination about 5 years ago. Both were fine physically but I’ve had a lot of mental health problems since . I think if you 100% sure of your decision though it makes things a lot easier . There’s a lot of posts on here from women who had medical terminations so it will probably help you to read through them x

tiredandweakkk · 01/10/2022 09:12

I think it'll take its toll mentally that's for sure, but I'm a single mum with a toddler. My contraception failed.
About to take the last 2 tablets now and hoping that gets things moving a bit faster. I'm so terrified I'm going to haemorrhage

OP posts:
Threebutterflies · 01/10/2022 09:44

Oh no you won’t haemorrhage don’t be scared . Plus your so early on it’s still just probably like a really heavy period . I know it’s easy to say - I just had an general anaesthesia I was convinced I was going to die ! But honestly it’s very safe . It may sound horrible but termination is much safer than childbirth so try not to worry 💐

Threebutterflies · 01/10/2022 09:45

Ps I’m a single mum to and went through it alone so I know it’s hard . We just do the best we can at the time ! X

tiredandweakkk · 01/10/2022 09:48

@Threebutterflies thank you so much for being here, it makes it all feel less alone. I'm sorry to hear you've had mental health issues since.
What are you upto today? Distraction always works I'm sure.

OP posts:
Threebutterflies · 01/10/2022 10:01

Yes but I was very unsure of my decision so I think I have a lot of regrets. It was a very bad time for me in general so I’m not saying most women who have terminations will have any mental health problems after. I’m actually in Turkey at them moment lol I had to come to have surgery to fixed a botched nose job I had done 20 years ago !
so I’ve been in my hotel room recovering and spending to much time on mumsnet 😂
how are you getting on now ? Are you managing ok with your little toddler running round lol .at least they can keep your mind off it all abit x

tiredandweakkk · 01/10/2022 10:23

@Threebutterflies oh wow! How is the recovery from that?
It's tricky but managing ok - took the second lot but I've only had one clot and some blood so far. Does that sound normal or has something gone wrong?

OP posts:
Threebutterflies · 01/10/2022 12:03

Yes that’s perfectly normal to have the clot or even more than one . I think some
women bleed a lot more than others. like I said I had loads of blood in a big gush but then it was ok after that 👍🏼
recovery has been hard as
the first night I had a fever and it’s just uncomfortable in general having bandages inside and outside your nose . Once they took them off it’s felt a lot better . The hotel is lovely but im missing my kids so am ready to go home now x

tiredandweakkk · 01/10/2022 18:13

@Threebutterflies I only ended up having that one clot so I was a bit worried that it hadn't worked or something but I'm hopeful all will be ok.
Oooh you'll be very excited to get back Grin

OP posts:
Threebutterflies · 01/10/2022 21:13

Hiya hope it all went ok for you and wasn’t to painful. Hope you have a good sleep tonight and start to feel better soon . Your hormones will probably be all over the place but that’s normal. Take care x

tiredandweakkk · 01/10/2022 21:28

@Threebutterflies thank you it all seemed to go smoother than I anticipated. Feels a bit scarily too smooth really.
Definitely noticing the hormones - I am doubting my decision even though I know in my head I wouldn't have coped. But I guess sometimes your head and your heart don't always communicate

OP posts:
MarleneH · 12/10/2022 23:29

Hi how did it go? Currently going through this at 7 weeks and 4 days. Looking for guidance and a hand hold :(

marlie. X

tiredandweakkk · 14/10/2022 08:46

@MarleneH sorry I've only just noticed this - how did it go? All in all mine was fine. Mixed emotions but physically fine!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.