My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Positive test after initially negative

10 replies

Cheekyaim · 03/07/2022 10:30

Hi 👋

So I posted yesterday about having 1 positive digital test, 6 weeks after a termination (medical reasons)

But then the following day i got two negative tests, non digital, I've checked today again and there is a second faint line developed it seems on the non digital tests, I'm so worried... could it just be an evaporation line??

Am having a scan this week.

Thanks all x

OP posts:
Cheekyaim · 04/07/2022 08:39

Anyone?

OP posts:
SEJ1789 · 04/07/2022 14:14

Hey I had a scan Friday and I was testing positive on boots cheap strip tests. The nurse told me that clear blue and first response are really sensitive and can pick up the hormone until about 10weeks. (This is why she was asking what I used) she tested me there I’m assuming with a low sensitivity and also did a scan and confirmed all had gone x

Cheekyaim · 04/07/2022 20:24

Thankyou!! I've had a scan today and there is some retained placenta /tissue apparently, so got to go through the procedure again, or a D&C op... 🙈 x

OP posts:
heartbroken22 · 04/07/2022 20:30

@Cheekyaim I hope you're okay. I've got mine tomorrow and I'm really scared x

heartbroken22 · 04/07/2022 23:02

Hi guys sorry forgot to ask do they do an internal scan or ...? Just want to be ready for tomorrow x

SEJ1789 · 05/07/2022 06:51

Mine was external and had to do a urine sample, hope it goes ok x

heartbroken22 · 05/07/2022 11:49

@SEJ1789 thank you mines was internal. Although my test was negative there's a tiny bit left...I'm hoping it comes out on its own...

SEJ1789 · 05/07/2022 13:04

Fingers crossed that it does happen naturally for you. It’s just so hard you prep for one thing mentally for the typical process like I’ll take these and then in 3 weeks it will be negative and but when it doesn’t happen like that it’s hard to deal with on top of the emotion. Hope your doing ok x

Cheekyaim · 07/07/2022 16:39

@SEJ1789 @heartbroken22 so sorry for such a delayed reply. I had my internal scan on Monday, they said it was remaining tissue and would most likely have caused mixed results on pregnancy tests... they removed the tissue yesterday using the hysteroscopy type technique, suction removal, it wasn't pleasant, won't lie, but they do give lots of pain relief and the staff I had were wonderful. They did say my body would likely do it naturally, but I didn't want to take the risk, I wish you both all the best, and sending all my love. Its just awful all of this xxx

OP posts:
heartbroken22 · 08/07/2022 09:03

@cheekyrain thank you. That's why I don't understand my test is completely negative and the nurse was like she wasn't sure if it was tissue or just blood. I have to go back in next week. I'm a bit scared in case they do something which damages my womb and I can't have kids. I'm having all sorts of thoughts. I wish I never had my termination.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.