My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Abortion

3 replies

Ellejayt · 15/03/2022 15:12

Hi can anyone help me please.
I have been on the mini pill for 3 years. Recently I started feeling and being sick, very tired, aching boobs a friend suggested I take a pregnancy test to rule it out, I was adamant I wouldn't be pregnant as I take my pill correctly. However it came back positive. I had no periods on my pill so I had no idea how far along I'd be. I decided to have an abortion, I'm 41. My kids are in their 20s and I have a 3yo grandson. I work 50 hours a week and would have no child care, I live in a 2 bed flat with my youngest dd. I'd struggle financially and would have no family support as they live a long way from me. Also my partner has expressed that he doesn't want anymore kids. He has 1 from a previous relationship and has had issues with the mother.
As I didn't know how far along I was I had to have a scan which revealed I am 15 weeks. My abortion using pills is booked in for 2 weeks time meaning I'll be 17 weeks pregnant. Can anyone let me know what it will be like? I'm very alone as no one knows about this pregnancy, trying to conceal my symptoms and lying to people about appointments while working busy stressful 12 hour shifts is really taking its toll and the worry is making me really anxious.
Thankyou

OP posts:
buysafemtpkit · 26/03/2022 11:56

It is okay and absolutely natural to feel emotionally drained for a couple of weeks. But, if such conditions last longer, then medical care should be considered. Surround yourself with positive people and talk your heart out to them. Abortion is a choice and it is not something to be ashamed about.
www.safemtpkit.com/product/buy-mtp-kit-online

Lonleygal · 27/03/2022 12:24

Hiya just wondered how your getting on now ? X

wahlstrom119 · 25/10/2022 19:23

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.