My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Waiting 3 weeks for termination

18 replies

loubear123 · 17/11/2021 20:34

I found out I was pregnant at just over 4 weeks. I rang and made an appointment, couldn't get a call back from a nurse for 10 days. Had that yesterday and I can't get into hospital till next week. So that's 3 weeks since I found out I was pregnant.

I really didn't want to start feeling pregnant but I've had really bad nausea, headaches, really tired. I know it sounds awful but I can't wait any longer, I just wanted it to be over and done with so I didn't feel like I actually was pregnant but now I do! I know that sounds stupid!

So I'll be 7 weeks 4 days when I actually go into hospital for my first pills. I just think it's a long time to wait when you've made a decision. I understand everywhere is busy and everything but its so hard 😩

I don't even know why I'm posting this just needed to get it off my chest.....

OP posts:
ED81 · 19/11/2021 06:34

Thinking of you. It really is a
terrible time. You aren’t alone in this.xx

LadyExpecting93 · 22/11/2021 10:31

I understand as I have had a termination by pill a couple of years back.

I was 4 weeks and had to wait until 7.5 weeks also! I had made my mind up that I definitely didn't want to go through with it so mentally I was so set in my ways but the symptoms started to pour in at 7 weeks. It's really tough.

Could you have not had it sent to your house?

Xox0 · 22/11/2021 20:39

Im with you on this right now, im curently a week waiting for just a telephone appointment, i just want it done and over with, im struggling so bad with the morning sickness i cant even open the fridge without gaging, im just managing to keep sips of water down and eating little and often, its also becoming dificult to hide the morning sickness and general feeling crap

loubear123 · 24/11/2021 17:47

So I had my appointment today at the hospital for my first tablet. Got there, they done a scan then told me there wasn't any doctors to sign off the tablets so I'll have to go home and they'll have to send them out to me 😩 now I have to wait longer!

OP posts:
RagzReturnsRebooted · 24/11/2021 17:49

How frustrating for you, that's such a pain.
I eventually got mine at just over 7 weeks, though part of my delay was having jury service (that was fun with morning sickness!). I had surgical, so at least once it got there it was over and done on the day. It's really rotten waiting around while feeling pregnant though.

Relaxing2 · 28/11/2021 10:25

Have you got anyway yet op?

Xox0 · 28/11/2021 11:51

@RagzReturnsRebooted how was the surgical route? Im debating it as ive heard the tablets and going through it at home can be tramatic

loubear123 · 28/11/2021 17:35

They sent the tablets out to me on Friday. Took the first one Friday and the second lot today.

I won't lie it's been a bit traumatic, I didn't expect it to be like this. I was 8 weeks yesterday so I don't know if it's a bit more traumatic the further along you are or not but I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks and so many days and rang pretty much straight away and only just got the tablets at basically 8 weeks!

I think if I got them sent out sooner I don't think it would of been too bad 😞!

OP posts:
Xox0 · 28/11/2021 18:45

@loubear123 thinking of you Flowers hope you have someone with you to support you❤ im going to be about 8 weeks by the time i have mine😔

loubear123 · 28/11/2021 18:52

@Xox0 thank you 💕 my partner has been at home with me today looking after our little boy so I've been able to stay in bed most the day! Hope you've got someone with you at the time also.

Have you had to wait a long time for your tablets?

OP posts:
Xox0 · 28/11/2021 19:28

@loubear123 thats lovely of him, my ex partner is planning on staying the weekend to support and look after our little boy, ive had to wait 2 weeks so not quite as long as you! Can i ask did you experience any pain or anything after the first tablet or did not allot happen untill you take the seccond lot? Trying to prepare myself

loubear123 · 28/11/2021 19:49

@Xox0 oh good, I'm glad you've got someone with you! Not much happened after the first tablet, I had like the mildest of cramping and really light pink bleeding but only when I went to the bathroom. It was all after the second lot of tablets that everything happen.

OP posts:
neededafart · 28/11/2021 19:51

I agree it's ridiculous and unfair. Can you ask for at home pills? I'm sure some MNs had this option through covid.

Sorry you are going through this OP. Daffodil

gogohm · 28/11/2021 20:14

I was told (many years ago) you had to be 7 weeks to have one but that's before the pill

loubear123 · 28/11/2021 20:22

@neededafart I asked on my very first telephone appointment with BPAS and they told me it would be up the hospital what they do so when I finally had a telephone appointment with them they said I needed to go in for a scan and would have my first tablet that day. Finally went in for that appointment to be told they couldn't give me the tablets that day because no doctors would sign them off so had to send them out to me anyway!

This whole process has been completely dragged out 😞

OP posts:
BonesInTheOcean · 28/11/2021 20:46

Its not right that you had to wait so long - so sorry
Flowers

hope you feel better soon

Relaxing2 · 01/12/2021 14:02

@Xox0 how are you are you any closer?

JessicaAnne2112 · 15/12/2021 19:09

I am 6 weeks and have to wait till next week for a phone app , been told they will send the tablet it's nearly Xmas ... I'm devestated it's taken so long 💔 it's disgusting hoenstly as my mind is made up and I'm sore and over it

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.