My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Struggling with wait for abortion

10 replies

Collywobble12 · 29/10/2021 17:32

I have not eaten for four days, I can't concentrate on anything, I can't sleep.

I have tried my local hospital (in fact rang them back in tears begging for something sooner), Bpas, Marie Stopes. The earliest I can have just a telephone consultation is 10th November which doesn't sound too far away but feels like forever. I breastfeed my toddler and my milk supply is running out because of the pregnancy and is very distressing for both him and me. I can pay £450 to have a consultation with another private company I've found online next week but really can't afford that.

I can't cope with this.

OP posts:
Milly87 · 29/10/2021 22:10

Hi , sorry your going through this . How many weeks are you ?

Pickles89 · 29/10/2021 22:37

Woah, having to wait 2 weeks for just a consult is harsh!! I am sorry OP - it must feel dreadful. I don't have any suggestions I'm afraid, just offering a handhold.

Collywobble12 · 30/10/2021 03:11

@Milly87

Hi , sorry your going through this . How many weeks are you ?

I'm 7 weeks.

Due a scan on Tuesday with EPU that was arranged due to ongoing bleeding and now I don't know what to do about that. I just can't believe there's nothing sooner. This is making me so ill on top of the pregnancy nausea.
OP posts:
Megan2018 · 30/10/2021 03:24

Sorry you are experiencing this.
Unfortunately not eating for days is going to do nothing for your supply, you need to force some food and fluids down somehow. Pregnancy can change your milk too but it is possible to feed through it so don’t focus on that too much, it’s self fulfilling if you think your supply is stopping. It probably isn’t, it’s just hormones.

I’d do everything possible to find the £450. Can you credit card it and worry about it later? Do you have a partner? Who might be able to help you with a loan?

Xox0 · 24/11/2021 10:13

@Collywobble12 hope it all went okay for you in the end! Im currently waiting for an abortion and still breastfeeding my little but ive noticed my milk supply has taken a big hit, did yours return after the abortion? I feel like this could also bring breastfeeding to an end and im not sure im ready for that😢

Regret89 · 24/11/2021 10:53

[quote Xox0]@Collywobble12 hope it all went okay for you in the end! Im currently waiting for an abortion and still breastfeeding my little but ive noticed my milk supply has taken a big hit, did yours return after the abortion? I feel like this could also bring breastfeeding to an end and im not sure im ready for that😢[/quote]
@Xoxo I didn't proceed with abortion and have decided to keep my baby - I posted another thread about it as I took the first tablet and instantly regretted it and didn't continue with the abortion. I am still breastfeeding my son although he isn't getting much milk, he's happy to comfort feed still. More than when he was getting milk actually.

I hope your journey all goes okay for you.

Relaxing2 · 26/11/2021 14:19

@Collywobble12 how are you? Did you get anywhere?

Relaxing2 · 26/11/2021 14:20

@Xoxo @Regret89 how are you both?

Xox0 · 26/11/2021 15:39

@Relaxing2 had the first phonecall today, booked a scan for next friday to confirm how far allong i am then hopefully i can get on with it! This morning sickness is horrible. We are weaning breastfeeding now and hes drinking my frezzer stash of breastmilk which should keep him going for a few months

Relaxing2 · 26/11/2021 19:05

So you have your appointment 3rd I did have mine for the 30th changed to 7th I've done nothing but cry my eyes out

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.