My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Abortion during lockdown?

2 replies

alwaysanxious1986 · 09/02/2021 17:32

I'm 6 weeks and don't think I can go ahead. From what I've seen online due to COVID everything is through the post? Has anyone had a medical abortion recently? How long did it take, how does it work without seeing anyone in person? Thanks.

OP posts:
AnnaliseH · 09/02/2021 20:10

@alwaysanxious1986, hey...so sorry to hear you are in this situation.

I had my termination on New Year's eve. I was over eight weeks pregnant at that point. Went to a BPAS clinic to collect the pills. If you are sure of your decision and want the pregnancy terminated quickly, ask if you can collect the pills in person. It's faster than waiting for them to come through by post. The nurse will talk you through what to take, when and how.

Two things I would say to watch out for and wish I had known before my abortion: you may feel very strong emotions afterwards so be 200% sure of your decision and if you do go through with it, please don't look at what's coming out of you. I held the foetus when it came out and that was awfully sad.

peanutbutterchoc · 09/02/2021 20:59

Had one first week of January, found out I was pregnant over Christmas time, called bpas they gave me 14 day wait just for the phone consultation, went to Marie stopes and that was a bit quicker , called again the next day to see if there was any cancellations and they fitted me into a afternoon clinic appointment that day, so you may have to call for cancellations daily to get seen in a reasonable time, clinics are still open too and I preferred that as I could collect rather than chancing late postal services.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.