My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Tablets just arrived

23 replies

Bobthebobcat · 04/02/2021 12:43

Hi all, you may have seen my earlier post about requesting a medical abortion, my tablets have just arrived, have taken anti sickness and and just waiting to take the first medication, will take the rest on Saturday. Feeling very scared and was just wondering if anyone was in a similar position?

OP posts:
2020canfuckitself · 04/02/2021 12:44

I had a medical one 5 years ago. I don't know much about the tablet one but I'm hear to handhold Thanks

FTEngineerM · 04/02/2021 12:45

I had a medical abortion 4 years agoFlowers
Not going through it now of course but here to chat.

Bobthebobcat · 04/02/2021 13:11

Thank you both, I think I'm just a bit worried about how I'll I'm going to feel on Saturday. Also petrified something is going to go wrong!

OP posts:
FTEngineerM · 04/02/2021 13:23

The first tablet ends the pregnancy, probably different for everyone but I can vividly remember the nausea and pregnant ’feeling’ disappearing a few hours after taking it. I found it an enormous relief because of course at that time I didn’t want to be pregnant.

Its quite safe to do yourself, keep making a note of symptoms/what’s happening between today and again from Saturday it’ll help if you want to ask someone after the second tablet if everything is ok.

Have they given you numbers to call if something did happen (even though unlikely)?

Bobthebobcat · 04/02/2021 13:45

They have, I'm hoping the pregnancy symptoms will go soon been feeling really sick and weird twinges in my side which I had with my first. I know I've made the right decision for my family, now just isnt the right time. I think it's just fear of the unknown. I haven't told anyone apart from my husband, thank you for the support.

OP posts:
hillarypcof · 04/02/2021 15:57

Hi OP, handhold 💕 I had a medical abortion in the summer of 2020 via "pills by post". I just wanted to reach out and say that it is going to be okay. I read SO MANY horror stories, barely came across a positive story about this topic. Anyway, i just wanted to say that those positive stories do happen, my experience was textbook, had all the usual symptoms at all the time frames they said they would happen.
I didn't get any awful side effects, the pain was like a very bad period but not overly excruciating, I passed the pregnancy about 4 hours after inserting the final tablets. I felt a bit feverish and a bit nauseas, and of course a bit crampy, but it certainly wasn't a horror story. Best of luck with your procedure and I am here if you'd like to talk xxx

Bobthebobcat · 05/02/2021 18:35

@hillarypcof thanks so much for your reply. It's so good to hear that it wasn't too bad for you. I've scared myself reading so many horror stories about haemorrhage etc. If you dont mind me asking how far along were you? I'm hoping because I am just under 5 weeks it will be relatively straight forward.xx

OP posts:
FTEngineerM · 05/02/2021 19:22

It should be OP, I was 5 weeks and a few days having mine. Was like a period and the cramps did hurt on day one after second tablet. Then just normal period type feeling.

How’re you feeling today?

One thing I remember when I was doing all the googling wondering and looking for everyone’s stories online at the time, nobody ever raves about their ‘perfect abortion’ or how ‘easy’ it was. It’s an odd topic but you’re less inclined to tell the world if everything went to plan (The whole on MN is testiment to that😂!), probably just tottle on living life as it were before. I mean I certainly did, I do come by this section often though because I like sharing it, I don’t think its talked about enough.

There aren’t many threads on ‘how much of a fantastic sleeper is my DC’ or what ever.

hillarypcof · 06/02/2021 10:08

@Bobthebobcat Hi Op, of course, more than happy to share as many details as possible with you. I was 5 weeks when I found out (I had only just missed my period, so I "caught" it pretty quickly), by the time I had the consultation and the pills arrived by post I was 6 weeks. It was absolutely fine. I think that is one of the good things about the telemedicine approach; things can happen that little bit earlier/quicker, which means that when we go through the procedure we are at an earlier gestation, which makes the procedure that little bit more manageable.
Obviously I hope I am not in the situation again, but if I was, I would not have any anxieties based on how positive my experience was. How are you? Xx

Bobthebobcat · 06/02/2021 10:52

@FTEngineerM I'm ok thanks, starting to feel a bit crampy right now. I've taken cocodamol which to be honest is the worse bit. I feel really spaced out and thinking is like going through treacle. I'm hoping I can manage without anymore because I really dont like this feeling. Thanks so much for sharing, you have really made me feel better!

OP posts:
Bobthebobcat · 06/02/2021 10:55

@hillarypcof I'm feeling ok, bit crampy and spaced out due to the painkillers. Hoping things will get loving soon and things will be over. I'm currently in bed with Netflixs and a hot water bottle but hoping to get up and moving soon. Thanks so much for your support.

OP posts:
FTEngineerM · 06/02/2021 11:08

Fingers crossed you’ll only need the one dose of cocodamol and you’ll be over the worstFlowers

Bobthebobcat · 06/02/2021 12:51

@FTEngineerM @hillarypcof. Hi guys I just wanted to ask, I used the first tablets if the 2nd lot around 8.30am and have just put the second lot under my tongue. I have had a small amount of bleeding and have felt a little crampy but no where near as bad as I expected. Havent passed any clots yet, is this normal? I'm panicking that this isnt going to work.

OP posts:
FTEngineerM · 06/02/2021 15:06

Mine was a pessary at 10 then cramping started late afternoon, then when I next went to the toilet there was a largeish clot.

It certainly doesn’t happen instantly but it’s been a good few hours now, has anything happened?

Bobthebobcat · 06/02/2021 15:25

No still just a little bleeding and a bit of cramping. Certainly not any worse than a normal period. Were you up and about? I've mainly been in bed because the cocodamol has made me feel really groggy, going to get up soon.

OP posts:
FTEngineerM · 06/02/2021 16:00

Umm I wasn’t doing anything vigorous just pottering about the house then.. tmi.. it felt just like when you stand up on your period and it gushes so went to the loo.

Have you got any info with the tablets? The tongue ones may have a different reaction time.

Bobthebobcat · 06/02/2021 16:36

I think they're the same tablets. I'm going to give it a while as see how I get on, maybe contact them on Monday when theyre open if things havent started to happen. At the moment I just feel like I have a normal period.

OP posts:
hillarypcof · 06/02/2021 21:40

Hi OP sorry I have just seen this. How are things? I inserted my tablets vaginally as I was told by the nurse things can take longer to happen if you take them orally. How are you? Where are things at? Xx

Bobthebobcat · 06/02/2021 22:02

I'm ok, still not much but trying to tell myself it's because I'm so early on. Got some quite strong pains after tea and a tiny thing I assume to be the pregnancy sorry for TMI but about pea size. I think I just built it up so much in my head how bad it was going to be! Thanks for getting back to me.

OP posts:
hillarypcof · 06/02/2021 22:07

Never TMI! I'm glad you are feeling OK. Sounds very likely that you've passed the pregnancy. I found the pain was at its worst when I was passing - went to the loo and passed what I can only describe as a small raspberry, and then everything eased from that moment xx

FTEngineerM · 06/02/2021 22:16

Yeah that sounds positive, at 5 weeks it’s tiny a few mm at most.

Hope this evening is better for you.

FTEngineerM · 07/02/2021 11:07

How’re you today OP?

Bobthebobcat · 07/02/2021 16:33

I'm good thanks, bleeding has ramped up a bit and I was really crampy this morning but I'm feeling ok apart from that, hoping the worst is over now!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.