My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

2 dc under 4 and pregnant

6 replies

Oneandoneontheway · 16/12/2018 23:18

I have a almost 4 year old and an 18 month old.just found out I'm pregnant again, I'm not sure it's the best thing for us ,husband definitely doesn't want another. It was a mistake. I thought I would like one more,but reality has hit and I'm scared. Financially it would hurt, secondly I would be 42 by the time the baby would be born and lastly I don't want to bring a child into the world that my husband didn't sign up for. Thoughts ? Advice?

OP posts:
OrigamiZoo · 16/12/2018 23:26

Having sex signs you up for a baby, no is contraception is 100%.

Have you told him?

It is scary if unplanned and you are worried but you can work through everything on here Flowers

Petitprince · 18/12/2018 18:36

Honestly? I'd go for it and havetge baby. But it depends on how you feel? Don't let anyone push you either way.

mrsgumpy · 18/12/2018 20:37

I just went through this almost exact situation at the end of last month. I would have been almost 42 when baby born. We have two kids - 6 and 9. My husband was adamant that he didn't want it. I ended up terminating at 14 weeks after weeks and weeks of arguing with him. I feel totally devastated and hadn't anticipated how traumatised I would be. It is obviously up to each person but don't under-estimate the post-abortion impact especially on your relationship. I decided I couldn't have a child without my husband on board and I was worried about the effect on my family. But now I wish I had kept it (rose-tinted glasses now though).

Escolar · 18/12/2018 20:40

I had three under four (planned) and survived! But tbh if DH hadn't been keen I would have terminated. Good luck with your decision Flowers

Azra12 · 18/12/2018 20:45

Hi OP
I had a 4 & a half year old & a 9 month old when I discovered I was pregnant, DH really wanted baby and I was very scared & upset.
Baby is now 4 weeks old
It’s hard but doable, good luck with whatever decision you decide to make Flowers

ernjas · 21/12/2018 20:54

How is everything going OP?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.