My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Blood clots after abortion

7 replies

monkeymonkeyswinginginthetree · 29/11/2018 19:22

Hi everyone.

I had a medical abortion and took my pill on Monday. I had an hour of intensive cramping almost immediately after taking the pill and then passed some large clots a few hours later. The bleeding has slowed down in the past 24 hours but I have been still having cramps. I just went to the toilet and pushed a large blood clot out. Similar feeling to the initial clots just after taking the pill. It is relatively large and pretty heavy, blackish. Should I be worried or is the cramping and blood clots Normal? Thanks so much !

OP posts:
ilikepeanutbutter · 29/11/2018 19:24

You could probably ring the place you had it and ask to speak to a nurse. I think it's probably nothing to worry about though. Xxx

Klobuchar · 29/11/2018 19:26

Won’t hurt to ring and speak to someone, that’s what they’re there for, but it doesnt sound worrying. How fast are you going through pads? That’s more of an indicator of how things are going than clots.

monkeymonkeyswinginginthetree · 29/11/2018 19:28

I was bleeding heavily for the first day and a half but it’s called down a lot now!

OP posts:
monkeymonkeyswinginginthetree · 29/11/2018 19:30

Called down a lot *

OP posts:
monkeymonkeyswinginginthetree · 29/11/2018 19:30

Damn. CALMED *

OP posts:
Klobuchar · 29/11/2018 20:02

Sounds like things are going as they should. Are you drinking lots and lots and lots?

thighofrelief · 01/12/2018 10:35

This reply has been deleted

Deleted at OP's request

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.