Just after some general consensus. I had my 20 week scan on Friday where it was noted that my placenta is technically low lying at 1.9cm from the OS. I believe 2cm and above is classed as normal. we told the midwife we were going away and she didn’t mention anything about travel or any other restrictions other than that it’s up to us if we want to have sex but any bleeding we need to go to maternity and the likelihood is that it will move.
When I got home I googled as I am due to go away to Lanzarote this week 27th and will be back when I am 23 weeks (10 day holiday) and everything online is saying not to travel. I have contacted midwife’s, GPs and also a maternity consultant who said that they can not tell me not to travel or provide me clearance to travel it’s up to me based on the risks. Which isn’t very helpful for making a decision nor trying to claim on insurance if we decide not to as we haven’t been told not to travel. I haven’t had any bleeding since 6 weeks pregnant which was related to a SCH. Has anyone had this situation before? What did you do?