My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Buying a house whilst pregnant Bovis homes

3 replies

MauvePanda · 12/02/2024 20:12

I am buying a new build house, my mortgage lender doesn’t know I’m pregnant. My solicitor also doesn’t know.
when I go for a site inspection at the new house prior to completion, they will see I am pregnant. Are they obligated to tell my solicitor or my lender or anybody at all? Will they care that I’m pregnant but it’s not disclosed? Really worrying now. I know I’ll be able to afford my mortgage whilst on maternity so it doesn’t feel like I should tell them.

OP posts:
Whattheflipflap · 12/02/2024 20:14

The lender and solicitor are unlikely to have anything to do with your inspection
mif you feel particularly anxious then you could wear very big clothes

UrsulaSings123 · 12/02/2024 20:19

I am also buying a house whilst pregnant. I actually asked my mortgage broker what the deal would be and said we were ttc (rather than pregnant) and they said its irrelevant until the baby is actually here. So I don't think it will make a difference. Lots of people buy houses when pregnant.

Rosesanddaisies1 · 13/02/2024 08:30

Just wear a scarf or baggy jumper. Being pregnant is not the same as having a child with the financial commitment that brings, so I don’t think they can count it against you. And I assume “they” are someone from bovis? I doubt they’ll even notice or think about it

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.