My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

NHS or private?

1 reply

cherrytree2 · 12/02/2024 19:34

Hi I'm 37 second pregnancy first pregnancy long time ago. I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I've been suffering bad anxiety and feel if I pay for some earlier tests is it worth it, Thanku

OP posts:
Knock123 · 12/02/2024 22:21

I saw a consultant privately for the first trimester of both my last and current pregnancies. I am slightly higher risk due to multiple miscarriages before my first plus an auto immune disorder and I was seeing the consultant privately for this before my first. I then went back to see him before I had my second and had further testing due to some hormonal problems.

I had scans every other week and also had the harmony.

Just for the scans and harmony it was probably around £2k per baby.

For me the Harmony was well worth the money and I also appreciated the scans with a consultant who could answer all sorts of questions that a sonographer can't. However, in the kindest way possible, if you're feeling really anxious that money may be better spent having some CBT to manage your anxiety.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.