Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Prams

19 replies

Mims101 · 25/01/2023 22:35

anyone know how often prams go on sale?
I am tempted by a bugaboo fox which is currently on offer for around £300 off but i wanted to wait until I was further along as only currently about 15 weeks.
I also wanted to go and try a few more in person to double check it’s the one I want

such a good deal though so wondering whether it’s gunna be on sale again in a few months

OP posts:
Please
or

RayahB · 25/01/2023 23:24

We bought the bugaboo fox a couple of weeks ago and I'm obsessed with it. Was watching the prices regularly since early pregnancy and it seemed to go on offer a lot.

We ended up buying from John Lewis. A lot of cheaper prices online but the reviews weren't great

Please
or

PMAmostofthetime · 26/01/2023 00:03

RayahB · 25/01/2023 23:24

We bought the bugaboo fox a couple of weeks ago and I'm obsessed with it. Was watching the prices regularly since early pregnancy and it seemed to go on offer a lot.

We ended up buying from John Lewis. A lot of cheaper prices online but the reviews weren't great

John Lewis will price match if you contact them.

Please
or

LT103 · 26/01/2023 00:31

We just bought our pram from mamas and papas in sale but can pick delivery date so we’re not having it delivered until almost may. They had option of only paying 10% deposit now and rest at delivery time. Not sure if something like this is an option if you were wanting to miss out on sale price?

Please
or

Parkopedia · 26/01/2023 08:25

I don't think they tend to be in the big seasonal sales unfortunately. But much like phones, you can get bargains if a newer model comes out and you're happy to get the older model.

As an aside, we have a bugaboo fox too and I absolutely love it

Please
or

Janefx40 · 26/01/2023 09:09

@Mims101 great thread!

@RayahB and @Parkopedia what is great about the Fox?

I had a really old hand me down Bugaboo Chameleon with my first but I didn't really like it and it's pretty much screwed now anyway (my DD was its 7th child!). Annoyingly we will have to get another buggy for this one.

Please
or

RayahB · 26/01/2023 10:06

Janefx40 · 26/01/2023 09:09

@Mims101 great thread!

@RayahB and @Parkopedia what is great about the Fox?

I had a really old hand me down Bugaboo Chameleon with my first but I didn't really like it and it's pretty much screwed now anyway (my DD was its 7th child!). Annoyingly we will have to get another buggy for this one.

I just love everything about it.

It's really light
I like that it's roomy but not heavy
He folds down really well

Not actually used it yet as I have a little while longer but I've been tempted to push the dog around for a while Smile

Please
or

Taz29duffy1 · 26/01/2023 11:17

Ohhh where did you see it for £300?

Please
or

Yourteaisgettingcold · 26/01/2023 11:46

I have bought the Fox for my 2nd baby due in April, I also got it for £300 off but in a black Friday deal. I got it early thinking I didn't want to miss the bargain but Ive noticed its on offer a lot so I think you would probably be safe to wait if you're worried about buying very early because its annoying to store for so long while it's not needed.

Please
or

babytraveller23 · 26/01/2023 19:04

This reply has been withdrawn

This message has been withdrawn at the poster's request

Please
or

Mims101 · 26/01/2023 19:09

LT103 · 26/01/2023 00:31

We just bought our pram from mamas and papas in sale but can pick delivery date so we’re not having it delivered until almost may. They had option of only paying 10% deposit now and rest at delivery time. Not sure if something like this is an option if you were wanting to miss out on sale price?

@LT103 thanks that sounds a good option - don’t want to jinx it but likewise saving 300+ is very tempting!

as an aside, when did most people start buying for their babies?!

OP posts:
Please
or

LT103 · 26/01/2023 19:12

@Mims101 im 21 weeks and this is first thing we’ve bought! Might start now tho. I have the bug!

Please
or

PMAmostofthetime · 26/01/2023 23:16

LT103 · 26/01/2023 19:12

@Mims101 im 21 weeks and this is first thing we’ve bought! Might start now tho. I have the bug!

@LT103 after the 20 weeks scan we started buying can spread the cost then too x

Please
or

Opine · 26/01/2023 23:25

In my opinion Bugaboos are unrivalled. I’ve had twins in a donkey until they were 3 and I could still push with one hand & hood a coffee.

They’re sturdy, lightweight & look great. All the accessories are great too. I currently have the Fox & butterfly and theyre fantastic. I’d say the only downside is the folding/space the fox takes up in the car but otherwise I can’t fault it.

One pram I’d stay clear of is the icandy. Next time you’re out & about have a look for them being used. They’re only suitable for babies up to about 8 months. After that they’re sat with their knees to chest.

Please
or

Janefx40 · 27/01/2023 09:41

Thanks @RayahB and @Opine I really didn't like my Bugaboo chameleon but it was a very old model so hopefully improved now (plus the fox may be different anyway). The Chameleon was really heavy and cumbersome. The bassinet hung from the base rather than being solid so you couldn't take it off and carry it into the house if the baby was still asleep. The push chair attachment didn't work without this strange fabric thing that was always falling off in the car! Hence I need a different one this time!

Please
or

Yourteaisgettingcold · 27/01/2023 12:37

One pram I’d stay clear of is the icandy. Next time you’re out & about have a look for them being used. They’re only suitable for babies up to about 8 months. After that they’re sat with their knees to chest

I had the icandy Orange for my first child, 5 years ago, I personally didn't have an issue with the seating capacity but they are bigger than the Peach versions. I loved the huge basket underneath, which my Fox 3 doesn't have, so I think it depends on what your priorities are.

Please
or

Daisypod · 27/01/2023 12:55

There are rumours that a new fox will be coming out later in the year so older models, which are fine, will be reduced quite significantly

Please
or

Opine · 27/01/2023 13:01

@Yourteaisgettingcold From what I can see there is now an extension kit to lengthen the seat. A quick google search shows that many found the seat much too small even for babies under a year.
Theyve obviously responded with a solution. Extra cost though so that’s not great.

Please
or

Happinessandrainbows · 27/01/2023 17:01

I'm being told a pram has to have inflatable wheels as it's a necessity. What do you guys think from your experiences? Maybe it also depends on where people live eg if you're pushing a pram around in a city it's quite different from a dirt road.

Please
or

Opine · 27/01/2023 18:35

@Happinessandrainbows absolutely needs inflatable wheels unless it’s a small folding buggy. Makes going up and down curbs so much easier and reduces the weight of the pram.

Please
or