Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Ectopic? PUL? Molar? Or just a shy wee bean?

7 replies

Scol90x · 25/01/2023 20:14

I’ll try to wrap this up succinctly!

28th Dec I got my very first faint line (11dpo). It got darker, but not by much. On 3rd Jan, my temp dropped and I started to spot. 4th/5th Jan heavy bleeding and cramps. I assumed it was all over after being told by EPAU that it was likely a chemical. The only thing that was odd was that on the first day of bleeding, my test was the strongest it’d been.

9th Jan I finally convinced my gp to do bloods as my tests were still positive. These were followed up by repeated ones 48hrs after and then a trip to EPAU for more and a trans v scan. HCGs and scans:

9.1.23 - 88hcg
11.1.23 - 104hcg
13.1.23 - 72hcg (also progesterone <1) empty uterus and no sign of ectopic

after this, I was sent away being told a MC. Test again in a week to ensure it is negative.

Well, tested 20.1.23 and I got a 2-3 on CB digi, so I phoned. They booked me in for a scan 23.1.23 but urged me that I should go to triage if any pain.

Some pulling pains on 21st and I hurled myself to triage. More bloods:

21.1.23 - 438hcg (!)

As no major sign of ectopic, they sent me away and told me to go to scan on 23rd.

23.1.23 - 547hcg empty uterus but thickened lining “like at the start of a pregnancy”

At this point all doctors were now telling me they were baffled. I was told it was highly unlikely it was viable but they couldn’t tell me anything at all. I was to go to another EPAU today for further tests and to consider options - one doc said to refuse methotrexate and opt for laparoscopy.

25.1.23 - 659hcg / no scan

They are now saying they are concerned about molar🙄.

My questions are:

has anyone ever been in a similar situation?!
is it possible this is a new pregnancy (at most I’d be 14 dpo today) which, because my HCG wasn’t 0 when I would’ve ovulated, has elevated HCG for this stage but also why it’s not doubling? Like one pregnancy’s HCG drops as another rises?

I know I probably will end up having a lap on Friday but just looking to make sure I’ve covered all bases before going for it!

sorry for the long winded post!

OP posts:
Please
or

Namechangedforspooky · 25/01/2023 20:19

I’m not sure. I convinced myself I had a molar pregnancy though after what I thought was a miscarriage (a huge amount of bleeding) with persistent hcg and she’s currently asleep beside me
I suspect you need to give it more time but it is an incredibly stressful time. I really hope you get a good outcome

Please
or

Scol90x · 25/01/2023 20:25

Thank you. I feel like I’ve said the phrase “I’ll know more tomorrow” like 50 times now! And I now feel I’m being pushed into having pretty serious medical intervention despite being perfectly well.

OP posts:
Please
or

Ding1 · 25/01/2023 21:17

Good luck OP. Theoretically the rise in hcg is not promising. But read about several.ladies who beat the odds. There's no other option but waiting. Best thoughts to you.

Please
or

Vornyxo · 26/01/2023 22:06

Hi I'm new here but have a sort of similar experience.
Was 3 days late for AF beginning of Jan, pregnancy tests negative up to 8th (was due 4th) started to spot the 9th and then normal AF bleed 10th 11th spotted 13th nothing at all. Just thought a short period as gave had some stress lately.
Fast ward to the 19th Jan and I'm having really bad pains in my left ovary area my work pal suggested taking a pregnancy test to which I did and to my surprise it was really really strong lines (have had 4 consecutive misscarriages since 2019) clear blue gave a 2-3 week reading and so I called my GP on the 20th with all the above info. She sent me straight to EPU bloods were 918 told to come back 21st for repeat bloods were 1412 not doubling but enough to see on a scan and booked me in for 25th (yday). On the 23rd clear blue changed to 3+. Went for scan yday nothing could be seen on the scan both Internal and external. No sac no nothing.
Doctor said could be eptopic or simply pregnancy to early to see and she would call me later to give me my HCG if it has risen she would book me a scan.
2.40pm she calls to say "bloods are rising beautifully" her words. And could I come back for a scan in 2 weeks. I asked what this means should i be concerned and she just said with bloods like those could be an early multiple pregnancy or eptopic or baby was hiding. I asked for more hcg tests in between but she said unless I have pain or bleeding she doesn't think I need them. So confused and feel in limbo. My heart broke at the hospital as I was convinced this little one was going to be there and all OK. Now I just feel a fraud and cheated pregnancy levels high, sore boobs, sickness like you wouldn't believe but nothing to show for it? If any one has any success stories of similar I'd love to hear them if only to boost hope.
I hope all goes well OP please keep us up dated x

Please
or

Vornyxo · 26/01/2023 22:10

Should have added bloods were 3344 at the scan yday x

Please
or

Krakenes · 26/01/2023 22:14

I had very similar and mine ended up being ectopic. Took them weeks to see it in the scan. Had the injections and hopefully fully recovered now! Good luck!

Please
or

skyofdiamonds · 26/01/2023 22:18

Those rises aren’t good enough to be convincing of an IUP, in my opinion, but unusual that the endometrium is thickening.

id be highly suspicious of an ectopic with those numbers. They are notoriously tricky to find on a scan and it may well be that they just haven’t seen it.

I hope it gets sorted for you and you get answers soon. Keep us posted, I’d be interested to know the outcome!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?