Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Please help Paternity

10 replies

Halleeberry · 25/01/2023 19:41

Sorry this is a long one. Please don’t mention a DNA as I already know that I will need to do that when the Baby is born I’m just looking for reassurance.
So, I had sex with a guy I was seeing from the beginning of august all through to September. We had a fall out and I stupidly slept with somebody else on the 12th September and my period was due on the 16th September. I took a test on the 17th September at around midnight so technically 4 days after sleeping with the other guy as I felt funny and it was positive. On the 18th September the next day I had a clear blue 2-3 weeks pregnant result. All my scans have dated me to conception being the 6th September. I slept with the guy I was seeing on the 3rd and 4th of September. Please help me. Who is more likely to be the father?

OP posts:
Please
or

Starsinthesky22 · 25/01/2023 19:56

I would say it’s most likely the first blokes baby with those dates.

Please
or

Halleeberry · 25/01/2023 20:04

thank you. I’m 99% sure it is too but my anxiety is through the roof

OP posts:
Please
or

teaandtoastwithmarmite · 25/01/2023 20:04

I'd say the first guy as well

Please
or

allgoodthings84 · 25/01/2023 20:07

The first man. For it to have been the second man you would have ovulated the day before sex with him at the very earliest to have conceived with him so no way would you have had a 2-3 weeks on the 17th as you would have been 6dpo if that was the case max.

also based on when your period was due it’s man 1 anyway.

Please
or

MotherofKitties · 25/01/2023 20:09

It will be the first guy, purely because you wouldn't get a positive on a pregnancy test until 8-9 days after sex at the absolute earliest, and I mean the absolute earliest. If you got a positive 4 days after having sex with the second guy, it's not his baby.

Please
or

picnicshnicnic · 25/01/2023 20:29

Agree, the first guy.

Please
or

Ding1 · 25/01/2023 20:57

I'm also going with the first guy. 4 days after sex and get a positive does not seem plausible at all.

Please
or

Twoinapod · 25/01/2023 21:00

Definitely the first guy. There’s no way you could have got a positive test 4 days after sex, definitely no chance of enough hcg to get 2-3 weeks.

Please
or

LaLuz7 · 25/01/2023 21:03

Odds are it's the first guy. Takes a good few days for the egg to travel down to the uterus, get implanted and trigger the hormone surge that gets picked up by the test. You would not test positive 4 days after sex.

Please
or

HereComesMaleficent · 25/01/2023 21:16

It's the first guys I'd say.

You can't have sex and get a positive pregnancy test in the space of 4 days. you just can't.

Please
or