Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Best sickness tips

8 replies

Catlikereactions · 24/01/2023 18:56

8 weeks pregnant and after a bad nights sleep sickness has hit me hard today and I’ve been unable to work. Haven’t actually been sick, but have felt on the verge all day! really hope it isn’t my norm and it is just because I am tired and made worse by the constant metallic taste

if anyone has any tips to share please do? Ginger tea is one I’ve tried which worked a bit.

OP posts:
Please
or

bologneseandbabies · 24/01/2023 19:12

Basically just eating constantly! Fresh fruit and plain carbs did it for me. And olives.

Ginger biscuits
Peppermint tea
Mints

Please
or

MollyMunster · 24/01/2023 19:15

Constant snacking -breadsticks, ready salted crisps, fruit. Sips of water and tea. Snack at bedtime too, and keep an emergency breadstick on the bedside table.

See the GP for medication if it gets too bad.

Plenty of rest.

Please
or

DelilahJane · 24/01/2023 19:29

Pregnancy 1: nibbling on a ginger but biscuit before getting out of bed

Pregnancy 2: slept through it all as much as possible.

Please
or

Pirrin · 24/01/2023 19:30

As above - never let yourself get hungry as its a fast downward spiral from there!

Please
or

Catlikereactions · 24/01/2023 20:05

Thanks everyone, will try eating before I get out of bed as think this could have helped the downward spiral today…

OP posts:
Please
or

KateC1x1 · 25/01/2023 22:32

Hey.
Try gin gin sweets. You can get them in the hard boiled version from Holland and Barratt that are about £1.99 a box.
They are literally just a ginger sweet. They don't taste the best but they do work!
Helped me through on many occasions 🙂

Please
or

justtryingtogeton · 25/01/2023 22:33

Vitamin b6, and medication if it persists.

Please
or

leanneb94 · 26/01/2023 13:24

I found getting enough sleep was a big one, as well as eating every hour and a half/every couple of hours a little amount but not eating big meals as this made it worse also. I lived on salt and vinegar crisps and pringles for a while in all honestly. Eat as soon as you wake up and have a snack before you go to sleep and drink plenty of water, little sips often. All helped me 😊

Please
or