My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Maternity clothes help please!

29 replies

xRRx · 04/04/2021 12:31

Hi ladies.

I'm nearing the end of my first trimester and have been looking at some sales on maternity clothes so hoping to buy a few bits.

This is my first pregnancy so not sure how and when I'm going to grow! And I know this will vary so much from one person to another.

I would like to know what your general experience was with sizing and any recommendations for where you bought your basics like leggings/tights/T-shirt's/casual dresses/jeans.

Did you need to size up or did you get your regular size in maternity versions?

Thanks ladies!

OP posts:
ShinyGreenElephant · 05/04/2021 18:17

I'm usually size 8 but bought size 10 maternity. Got loads from new look, next (in the sale) and loungewear from missguided. Found boohoo really shit quality personally.

ER20 · 05/04/2021 18:24

I’m plus size (side 20) which makes finding plus size & maternity clothing difficult. Bought everything in my normal pre pregnancy size and it’s all fitted.

32 weeks now and I’ve just bought

• few pairs of over the bump leggings (that’s all I wear - no jeans, I’m working from home so slightly easier)
  • a lightweight coat which I can layer over a maternity hoodie (was a gift)
  • maternity jumper
  • two vest long tops
  • then about 6 maternity tops which I now need to wear the vest tops under to be long enough
  • two pairs of PJs

One top for example is a shirt, I wore it closed before and now I’m bigger I wear it open with a vest top under.

If you’re thinking about breast feeding look for tops that can be nursing too.

And if you plan on further pregnancies get things you can layer seasonal.

Hope that helps. ☺️
ER20 · 05/04/2021 18:25

Most of mine is from New Look & George at Asda, often have sales on. ☺️

brushlaptop · 05/04/2021 18:26

Go for your pre pregnancy size. Seraphine has super nice stuff but higher price point. H&M good for basics and have some nice looking things

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.