Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Diarrhoea every morning in 1st trimester?

GlasgwegianMama · 22/11/2020 09:06

(Sorry if this is TMI!)
Hey guys, I’m 7 weeks 4 days pregnant and super anxious!

I’ve had diarrhoea every single morning for the past 2 weeks and it’s making me worried that the baby is dehydrated or is a sign of miscarriage...has anyone else had this experience? There’s no blood or mucus but every single morning without fail I’ve had loose stools. Seems to only be the morning though, I don’t go at any other time in the day!

I’m just a bag of nerves and can’t stop worrying :( I had an early scan at 6 weeks 3 days and we saw a heartbeat which is great but can things still go wrong after seeing the heartbeat or should I take that as a good sign and not worry about the tummy problems?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sophierella24 · 22/11/2020 09:29

Hoping this will reassure you...I had exactly the same and posted myself about this at the time! Every morning without fail I would be on the toilet with diarrhoea and I was worried sick! It lasted quite a few weeks then suddenly stopped - I am now 21 weeks and all is well 🥰
It seemed the sickness started and the loose stools stopped. Good luck, try not to worry! Xx

Please
or

3rdtimelucky2019 · 22/11/2020 09:40

Yep I've had the same - and most evenings too. Baby at this point is parasitic in nature so will get everything they need from you, despite what is going on.

Please
or

3rdtimelucky2019 · 22/11/2020 09:40

(oh and in my previous 2 miscarriages, I didn't have it so it's not necessarily a sign).

Please
or

Jacky209990 · 22/11/2020 09:57

I had the same, stopped by 11 weeks. I would only really worry about dehydration if there are other signs dark urine, dry skin and signs of urine infection. However, the chances of dehydration from loose stools once a day is very unlikely, especially if you are drinking enough fluid.

Please
or

Nesski · 22/11/2020 10:06

@GlasgwegianMama mine switches between constipation and diarrhea, 9 weeks now and my bodily functions are all over the place. Extremely gassy between 5-8 weeks and the whole time very bloated, think beached whale rolling around in bed at night trying to get comfy Grin

Please
or

Crazycatlady83 · 22/11/2020 10:14

I have this. It’s exactly the same symptom as I had with my DS (who is 5 now!) so for me it was nothing to worry about! The baby will take what it needs from you

Please
or

Garman · 22/11/2020 10:31

I've had this in all 3 pregnancies, baby definitely isn't dehydrated, at that stage it's still living off the yolk sac and not really you/placenta, it can't get dehydrated that early.

Please
or

LittleTiger007 · 22/11/2020 13:47

Yes I’m the same and I’m now 14 weeks. I’m just glad that I don’t have constipation which leads to piles! The battle is keeping hydrated. I’m drinking loads.

Please
or

SunnySideUp2020 · 22/11/2020 14:21

Had the same and stopped around 10 weeks.
It horrible. I used some rehydration sachets some days.
When i had my MC i never had it. So don't think it related...

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.