Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

I'm struggling with work

LibbyAshleigh · 28/08/2020 11:44

I'm 30 weeks pregnant, and have a tiny business through Facebook where I create arty things for people, and I'm getting a few orders in for Christmas cards now. I don't have a desk, so I sit on the floor on a cushion at the coffee table. But I'm quite short, so I can only just reach properly. It hurts my back and sometimes my bump too. My fiancé has a desk for his PC, which he said I can use, but I've tried and that hurts my back a bit too, since I have to sit right up close to it to draw etc or I have to lean forward, and I'm constantly shifting positions to get comfortable!
I do my art when I'm not looking after my 9 month old son, for example when my fiancé is home or when he's napping/in bed. So it's not that often I get to do it, but when I do get to, it's hard because I'm pregnant!
I was wondering if anyone else has this kind of problem, and what you do to help it and make it more comfortable?
Thanks! :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Superscientist · 28/08/2020 12:05

I struggled to sit at my desk in my third trimester, I found sitting on my exercise ball instead of a desk helped.

Do you have anything that could be used as a hard surface to allow you to sit on your bed or sofa and do your work?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.