My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Red face

4 replies

New2020 · 26/05/2020 19:05

I'm Indian and whilst I'm fair skinned so redness in my face isn't always noticed.

Today on a zoom call my colleagues all joked at how my face looked sunburnt (senior peers and all men so not the most tactful!) It's safe to say I'm not sunburnt

My mum has also mentioned my face has looked red on a video call..

I think some of it is down to lighting but I'm a bit worried. Is this normal in pregnancy? :(

OP posts:
AnotherElle · 26/05/2020 19:26

I have heard of woman getting facial flushes during pregnancy due to hormonal changes so I don't think it's unusual but if your concerned mention it to your midwife.

New2020 · 26/05/2020 19:42

Thanks @AnotherElle I have my 16 week appointment over the phone tomorrow and will mention it. I hope it's nothing serious

OP posts:
WutheringShites86 · 26/05/2020 19:45

Pregnancy rosacea? I've been more flushed in the cheeks at at times on my chest too. I'm very pale so its noticeable, when it's happening on both cheeks I look like I've got blusher on! We do have a lot more blood pumping around in pregnancy

Kb28 · 26/05/2020 20:39

Hi I have this as well! My face is constantly red and blotchy not like flushes for me just seems constant. I’ve tried using moisturiser and night cream in case it’s due to dryness but the only thing that has helped for me has been sudocrem. I imagine it’s just hormonal so haven’t been too worried about it but it’s just annoying as even my dad who would never comment really on appearance had noticed it when dropping some stuff at my door and asked had I don’t something to make my skin so red! So that’s when I tried the sudocrem last night and it definitely has tamed it a bit today.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.