My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Trying afte miscarriage

4 replies

Yane3642 · 29/06/2017 16:14

Hey! I had a miscarriage on June 5th.. I never thought that can happens to me but actually did! I just wanna try again but idk when start, what to do and all of that. I'm still scared that can happen again!

OP posts:
helly29 · 30/06/2017 11:00

Sorry for your loss. Have a look on the conception forum, there's several threads there on trying after loss, and people who've been through it who can advise x

rubyfeet · 30/06/2017 18:59

Hi

I didn't really fancy trying until a fair few months after.

I think it all depends on how you feel, but I think most docs recommend some recovery (2/3 moths)- I certainly didn't feel like my hormones and periods were back to normal until about 4/5 months after.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear · 30/06/2017 19:06

Flowers

It completely depends on you and how you feel. I've had two miscarriages and the first time we tried (successfully) after my first period and the second time, I didn't even have a period before becoming pregnant again (again it was successful).

I've heard that you are at your most fertile after a loss or after giving birth due to the hormone changes. It was certainly true for me.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Yane3642 · 30/06/2017 19:13

Thank you all so much!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.