Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

period pains in the back and stomach at 8 weeks pregnant?

clareybaby87 · 06/02/2011 14:55

hey everyone.
I know i may sound stupid but need to put my mind at rest. I'm 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and today started getting pains i usually get during my period, a really bad dull ache in my lower back, and lower stomach, i know they say that women get period type pains, but isn't that the feeling that they are about to come on, and not as if ur already on?
just need some reassurance lol. Anyone had this?

OP's posts:
Please
or

RufousBartleby · 06/02/2011 14:58

Yep me! :) Felt very similar to period pain. Not sure, but couldn't it just be your womb stretching or something? Sure someone will be along with a more scientific explanation soon.
I now have a lovely healthy DS by the way

Please
or

clareybaby87 · 06/02/2011 15:16

i've phoned the emergency doctors, cos i was worried, and she phoned back and told me i'm not allowed to go to work until the pain goes, i have to relax with a hot water bottle and 2 paracetamel, and also she booked me in for an out of hours apt cos she sounded abit worried, sounds like they're gna give me an emergency scan by the way she was talking.

OP's posts:
Please
or

cupofteaplease · 06/02/2011 19:34

Oh dear, well I hope everything is absolutely fine for you. I also have mild back ache, but I am only 4 weeks pregnant. I was hoping the replies to your OP would say that was completely normal.

Good luck.

Please
or

nutterbutsquash · 06/02/2011 20:34

I've had lots of cramping too, had a healthy 13 week scan on weds so try not to worry about it.

Please
or

urbandaisy · 06/02/2011 20:53

clareybaby87, I'm now 9w2d and last week I had a tiny amount of bleeding, no cramping but I was sent to the Early Pregnancy Unit for a scan -- was quite freaked out as I thought it was quite a usual thing to happen, but it turns out they are generally just super-cautious.

Anyway, the scan was quick and fine -- hoping yours is the same, and the docs are just being cautious.

Please
or

BertieBasset · 06/02/2011 20:58

With dc1 i was terrified by the cramping, it used to wake me up at night it was so bad.

It stopped about 12 weeks ish. Pregnancy was text book.

This time with dc2 had hideous cramping at 6 weeks, called mw in a panic and she said ligament stretching again and she was right! Now 23 weeks and very little pain, fingers crossed.

It all sounds normal to me, I think cramping should be more well known as so many people seem to suffer from it and worry.

Please
or

clareybaby87 · 06/02/2011 23:08

Went to the hospital and sounds like i have a urine infection.
But she looked at my urine sample and said 'r u sure ur 9 weeks?' (well no im 8 and a half weeks lol) I don't know why she would say that, and how she could have got anything from urine.
Then she went on to talk about ectopic pregnancy....again no idea why she would mention it. I have none of the symptoms (researched when i got home) but shes gone and really worried me now, can't help but panic.

OP's posts:
Please
or

no1childminder · 07/02/2011 10:13

Hi, im 5wks tomorrow and ive had period-like pains since i thought i was coming on. i just assume they are stretching pains etc. do u think i should tell my dr when i tell them fri that im pregnant?

Please
or

soundofherwings · 07/02/2011 10:28

Cramping is totally normal in early pregnancy, I've had awful back and stomach pains on and off since 3 weeks.

clareybaby87 They always warn you about an ectopic and are cautious about saying pain is normal, because some people will put up with awful pain if they've been told pain is normal. Just be sensible- if it doesn't feel right, or the pain is really severe, then it needs checking and go to the doc's again. She'll have mentioned ectopic pregnancy so you know to go back if the pain gets worse, sometimes one of the earliest symptoms can be pain.

Hope I've not freaked you out more, most women have pain at some point and 99% of the time it's nothing, so don't panic.

Please
or

BlingLoving · 07/02/2011 10:30

I had period pain until about week 10. It was horrible. But... I'm now 24 weeks and it's all looking good. Good luck.

And I agree with Soundofherwings - they want to be sure that you're not downplaying things so they will check.

Please
or

clareybaby87 · 07/02/2011 18:09

thanks everyone.
I went to the doctors this morning and saw the lovely doctor. (the other doctor always comments on my weight, i'm sure he'd say, ur not pregnant, ur just fat lol)
He felt my stomach, and said doesnt feel like ectopic, and it just sounded like early pregnancy pain, so put my mind at rest, thanks to all that commented. Feel so much better now.
xxxx

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.