Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

At the beach - pee in sea/hole in sand or not?

Commit12 · 07/07/2013 20:12

So I spent the day at the beach with my children today that we are toilet training and they are doing very well (3 year old) as you can imagine the beach was packed out with the lovely weather.
When the children needed to go for a wee the public toilets were so busy with lines on lines of people.
My children literally dropped their pants and peed on the sand. I was horrified at first (not with the children just the situation) the. I dug a little hole that get could pee in and I could cover up. When we went into the water they automatically went and peed in the sea.

Now is this the right thing to do? I certainly wouldn't be concerned if I saw someone else's you g child do this (I wouldn't let them openly poo on te beach I would put something down and wrap it away and in the bin.

What would you do??

OP's posts:
Please
or

Moomoomie · 07/07/2013 20:23

Every child wees in the sea.
Although if you listened to the consensus on here, it would be disgusting and they would not allow their child to.

Please
or

MagicBaguette · 07/07/2013 20:25

Everyone wees in the sea! It's fine

Please
or

Accidentallyquirky · 07/07/2013 20:25

If I'm driving down the road and dd (3) says she needs a wee ill pull over and she goes beside the road.
I guess the beach is the same but I'd make sure it was done discreetly, in a bit of a hole as you said and covered over so nobody stood in it.

There's worse things lying on beaches like fag ends and dog poo.

I think a lot of people on here will disagree but I'd far rather that then stand in a huge que for disgusting smelly toilets, and then dd will more than likely wet herself during the wait anyway.

Please
or

Commit12 · 07/07/2013 20:48

Thanks ladies. Yeh there was no option to wait plus one of my boys goes every 20 mins as because of the heat he drinks so much.
So I'm happy that as long as discreet and I clean up ten they can go on the sand (this summer) and pee in the sea.

If anyone has any handy tips please feel free to share! ;-)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Drhamsterstortoise · 07/07/2013 20:51

Wee in the sea.Grew up near the beach and it was always perfectly acceptable !My dd doesn't make it half obvious though!

Please
or

Commit12 · 07/07/2013 20:56

Lol my boys did it without asking and thought it was amazing!

OP's posts:
Please
or

LoveBeingUpAt4InTheMorning · 07/07/2013 20:59

Dd came out the pool and said it was too yesterday and weed on the patio Blush but she is 17 [grib]

Please
or

Commit12 · 07/07/2013 21:01

Ha ha ha ha!!!! Tbh pool, sea, sand doesn't bother me in the slightest if discreet and I'm not going to walk in anything! Lol but I know other people have big issues with it.

Glad I'm safe! Ha ha

OP's posts:
Please
or

birdseed · 08/07/2013 09:31

We live near the sea too and have the same issue.
I think sea is fine, but not the sand especially on a busy beach. I wouldn't like my kids to be building castles or younger ones eating the sand it if it had been peed on.
So get them to go in the sea....esp if you live near me!

Please
or

birdseed · 08/07/2013 09:35

Can you take a travel potty for poos? That would save you the situation you describe at the end of your post OP and would be nicer for others around.

Please
or

Commit12 · 08/07/2013 13:30

Thank you for this. I didn't even know you could get a travel potty I thought just the usual ones.
My boys won't use a potty at all they went straight to the toilet but I'm sure i could get them to use this as can get the one that can use on top of the toilet seat too.
Perfect! Thank you x

OP's posts:
Please
or

5madthings · 08/07/2013 13:33

We were at the beach yesterday my older boys went up to the toilet but ds4 went uo to the sand dunes/grassy bit and weed there as there was no-one sitting/playing there. Numerous little ones did the same.

Please
or

DeepRedBetty · 08/07/2013 13:42

Wee in the sea. I still do Blush

Wee is sterile, just smelly, hence IN the sea.

Poo OTH is nasty stuff with lots of germs in it.

Please
or

Commit12 · 08/07/2013 18:55

Just to be clear I wasn't saying poo on sand and bury it lol. I meant put maybe a nappy sack down and then it could be wrapped and disposed of. Lol

But I'm going to get the travel potty now z they have it in mothercare for £15 and as we are going on holiday next weekend it will be perfect to use and can be discreet inside the beach tent x

OP's posts:
Please
or

invorticles · 18/12/2013 17:18

I don't agree with this. As rules and regulations say that we should not do pee in the beach or sand holes.

We always try to stop ourselves by doing these hilarious things on beaches.

I have seen a lot that people playing beach games and digging holes for playing Sand Hole games and they find these kinds of shits inside the holes. That's not really good.
www.sandbiz.com

Please
or

Colum · 08/03/2015 09:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

sandgrown · 08/03/2015 09:33

What?????

Please
or

AuntieStella · 08/03/2015 09:53

Wee in the sea, of course! It really is just a drop in the ocean.

I'm not wild about the idea of a sandcastle potty - unless you are well away from other people - as the smell can be remarkably persistent. I think a walk to a secluded part of dunes is a better option.

Please
or

CaliFolimero · 25/10/2018 05:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

Emmafh3 · 25/10/2018 12:14

Pee on the sand. My babe had to poo on the beach the other week, picked it up with a dog poo bag, no biggie. No worse than dogs doing it and theirs aren't always picked up....
Different abroad, but I'd do the same with dd

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.