Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Took nappy away at night on Sunday - so far two dry nights followed by two wet nights - what to do?

13lucky · 31/05/2012 14:42

Hi there, am after some advice if anyone can please. My ds is 3 and a half and has been toilet trained for over a year without any problems. Until this week he has been in pull ups overnight but in the last couple of months has had many dry pull ups in the mornings - I'd say 70% were dry, and the rest had just a bit of wee in. Last Sunday morning when he took his pull up off though, it was sodden...totally and utterly soaked and he said he couldn't be bothered to get up for a wee! So, I was thinking perhaps we should just get rid of the nappies and perhaps it is him just weeing in it when he wakes up rather than when he's asleep. So Sunday night and Monday night were great successes and he was dry both nights. Then Tuesday night he woke us by calling out that he was wet...and indeeed he was soaked in the night about 2am and we changed the whole bed and PJs etc. The last night he was wet when my dh went in at 6.30am - although not as wet as night before....so the question now is do I continue or put him back into nappies...it's only been 4 nights so not sure. My instinct is to give it a few more nights but my dh says he isn't ready and it's not fair on him. What do you think?

OP's posts:
Please
or

carocaro · 01/06/2012 12:32

He does seem a little young, but then you know your child. I have two DS's and the first was about 4.5 when he was dry at night, the second was 3 becasue he wanted to be like his older brother with no nappy. I'd opt for the peace of a good nights sleep for all, not to mention all that washing, little ones never get themselves up for a wee in the night in my experience, to asleep!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.