My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Postpartum sex

2 replies

GraceyDoodles · 31/03/2024 21:12

I'm 6 months PP with first child my DS, had a vaginal delivery, very quick with two 2nd degree tears which were stitched up after. Sex has been incredibly painful since. We have tried about 10 times from 4 months PP using lubricant and it is still so painful. I've got an appointment with my GP next week. Is this common with other mums or not?

OP posts:
newuser9090 · 31/03/2024 21:26

Are you breastfeeding? I couldn't have sex until I stopped feeding after 10 months. Later found out it's a hormone thing and dr could have given something to help. But everything went back to normal within couple weeks of stopping the breastfeeding.

GraceyDoodles · 31/03/2024 21:38

newuser9090 · 31/03/2024 21:26

Are you breastfeeding? I couldn't have sex until I stopped feeding after 10 months. Later found out it's a hormone thing and dr could have given something to help. But everything went back to normal within couple weeks of stopping the breastfeeding.

Yes I am. Thank you for your reply, I never considered this! That does make sense.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.